• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DESNZ Survey

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DESNZ Survey

Just completed a server for the wonderfully named DESNZ (Department for Energy Security and Net Zero) in which they wanted to know if I knew about heat pumps and whether I'd invest in one going forward Most of the survey consisted of choosing between a heat pump and my current oil boiler for 13 different scenarios. My answer was definitely staying with the oil boiler Most of the scenarios actually stated the heat pump solution would be more expensive than my existing oil boiler even though they didn't take into account upgrading piping, radiators, insulation and the loss of outdoor space to house the heat pump Would you choose a heat pump over a conventional boiler system for a big and draughty detached house which is already energy cost neutral due to solar panels and FITS?

Nope.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Air source or ground source?

They are very different.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
        Just completed a server for the wonderfully named DESNZ (Department for Energy Security and Net Zero) in which they wanted to know if I knew about heat pumps and whether I'd invest in one going forward Most of the survey consisted of choosing between a heat pump and my current oil boiler for 13 different scenarios. My answer was definitely staying with the oil boiler Most of the scenarios actually stated the heat pump solution would be more expensive than my existing oil boiler even though they didn't take into account upgrading piping, radiators, insulation and the loss of outdoor space to house the heat pump Would you choose a heat pump over a conventional boiler system for a big and draughty detached house which is already energy cost neutral due to solar panels and FITS?
        Did you mention the advantages of having a tank 2000 litres of red Diesel handy?
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Air source or ground source? They are very different.
          Air source, they seem to be fixated with these useless contraptions which are only good if the house is built as a passive house to accommodate them. My oil boiler is very efficient and heats water to very hot to run normal radiators and the megaflow hot water system, no way am I spending money to replace something that works with something that probably doesn't at huge expense and disruption Still, they gave me £5 for filling in the survey

Comment

Working...
          X