• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK sets out tougher gambling rules for smartphone era

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK sets out tougher gambling rules for smartphone era

An interesting report from Rueters on the dangers of online gambling.

The UK seems to be awash with gambling adverts as soon as you turn on the television whether this be for sports teams or prime time programs.

It's a compelling thought when you think that you can essentially spend your entire months wages without even leaving your home these days.

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uk-...es-2023-04-26/

Originally posted by Martin@AS Financial View Post
    An interesting report from Rueters on the dangers of online gambling.

The UK seems to be awash with gambling adverts as soon as you turn on the television whether this be for sports teams or prime time programs.

It's a compelling thought when you think that you can essentially spend your entire months wages without even leaving your home these days.

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uk-...es-2023-04-26/
    What about the poor little donkeys?
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

A relative used to work for one of the big firms, the level of cynicism and double dealing was worthy of Vegas at times.

Anyone who consistently won was cut off, those losing and they kept tempting you like Christ in the dessert
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        ...like Christ in the dessert
        Turned bread into cheescake?

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

Turned bread into cheescake?
          Blessed is the Cheesecake?
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

I am regularly approached by gaming firms because the backend systems require similar skills to those used in trading and risk management systems.

I take great pleasure in turning them down and voicing my objection to what they do (although they typically offer below market rates!).

Any firm based in Gibraltar or Malta is a red flag.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
              I am regularly approached by gaming firms because the backend systems require similar skills to those used in trading and risk management systems.

I take great pleasure in turning them down and voicing my objection to what they do (although they typically offer below market rates!).

Any firm based in Gibraltar or Malta is a red flag.
              AYSYCOTBAC?

Mind you, I suppose if you really lacked morals you'd be working in recruitment.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

AYSYCOTBAC?

Mind you, I suppose if you really lacked morals you'd be working in recruitment.
                you missed the bit about them being cheap!

If your morals agree with your financials then its a win!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                X