• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who do we know living in Hastings?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who do we know living in Hastings?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cv2w3wnjd8ro

Must be a contractor as the rest of the UK can't afford to throw away fruit and veg.
    England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Police are investigating a series of attacks in which fruit was hurled at pedestrians - leaving one person seriously injured by a tomato aimed at their head.
    The apparently unprovoked assaults happened in Eastbourne and Hastings in East Sussex.

Apples and other "unknown projectiles" are thought to have been thrown from a vehicle on seven occasions, police said.

There are not thought to be any links between the victims and officers have appealed for witnesses to come forward.

The bizarre attacks included one person being hit in the face with an apple while walking along Bohemia Road in Hastings, on 12 April.

Another was struck in the arm with a tomato while walking along Firle Road in Eastbourne the following evening.

Later the same day a further two attacks happened in The Bourne, Hastings, one involving a person being hit in the head with a tomato and another with an unknown object - both causing serious injuries.

A Sussex Police spokeswoman said: "Most of these attacks have occurred during daytime hours when the victims have been out alone in open and in public places.
    "In all cases the victims have been going about their daily routine when they have been hit by items believed to have been thrown or propelled in some way from a vehicle.

"There have been no links established between each of the victims, however it is believed that these incidents are part of a series.

"We are asking any witnesses to come forward, as well as any further victims.”

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I was hit in the chest by an orange about 10 days ago whilst walking through my local town centre. I couldn't see where it had come from exactly but think it was from a building rather than a vehicle.

I didn't think much of it at the time apart from maybe some kids playing a stupid prank.

But now I m wondering if this is a new TikTok challenge?!?

Comment

Someone blow a raspberry at me
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          Someone blow a raspberry at me
          as requested

Growing old is mandatory
          Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
            I was hit in the chest by an orange about 10 days ago whilst walking through my local town centre.
            Tango Man was responsible?

Comment

Working...
            X