• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Summer Holiday 2023

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    we're taking the overnight ferry from Genoa to Sardinia.
    Not sailing it?

Aladar have the Aurora available out of Follonica. That would make for a pleasant journey on a gin palace.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      I do like Cadiz. Go in April when it's tuna season!

Next weekend I'm going to Sofia for a quick visit. In May, I'm off to NY. Then in June I'm going to Hawaii via Prague. In July I'm going from Malaga to Budapest via Portland and LA. In October I'm off to Thailand.

Need to find 700 more Tier Points and I'll be on the BA Gold Guest List.
      That's a lot of travelling to fit in two lines

My humble list: already just been to Rome, April going to Treviso, August, hopefully if we get The Saw Doctors tickets on sale on Friday will be going to Galway and Mayo and maybe head into Gilligan country to explore where my mum's family came from, then Sept going to Como and Verona.
      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

ok you win, that's an awesome holiday plan for 2023

but, in my book, you lose points for the flights, flying these days is the most unpleasant way to travel, the whole experience, from entering the departure airport to leaving the destination airport

Milan.
        I did laugh at your post showing up just as I put mine in

Comment

First class return to Sydney is 720 (AFAIK)
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Next weekend I'm going to Sofia for a quick visit. In May, I'm off to NY. Then in June I'm going to Hawaii via Prague. In July I'm going from Malaga to Budapest via Portland and LA. In October I'm off to Thailand.

Where you staying in Sofia?

Today is my last day for a fortnight - tomorrow we are off to Guadeloupe..

Summer will be Iceland as twin b is working there by the looks of it.

Autumn somewhere possibly Italy, possibly ???

December - Vienna or Germany for the markets.

Also what's wrong with Türkiye? Unless you are going all inclusive.
            Last edited by eek; 21 March 2023, 11:08.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

who the feck would want to fly for a holiday ?

Milan.
              Last flight I did was Stansted to Lanzarote on RyanAir.

Yes, I should have known better but I wasn't in charge of booking the tickets.

To be fair, the flight was on time but as we boarded we were told that to keep our slot there had been no cleaning service & we didn't have time to wait for the catering to be replenished which meant 4 hours squeezed into the middle seat with no refreshments although, mercifully, the aisle seat had an out of order sign on it since its previous occupant had sat on a packet of M&Ms and there was melted chocolate everywhere.

Ryanair is now known as RienAir in this house.

Comment

Are you a vlogger by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

First class return to Sydney is 720 (AFAIK)
                  I can get the points for a lot less cash than that will cost!

Originally posted by eek View Post

Where you staying in Sofia?
                  Intercontinental - https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...co/hoteldetail

Comment

Originally posted by Largely Ginny View Post

Are you a vlogger by any chance?
                    Nah, just a travel snob but I am updating a little website with my travels this year.

Comment

I can get the points for a lot less cash than that will cost!

Intercontinental - https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...co/hoteldetail
                      Shame - the Hilton is nicer
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X