• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Barbecue Recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    This is what I've been using....

Click image for larger version

Name:	smoker2.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	178.6 KB
ID:	4257015
    that's awesome, what do you smoke in there and how long does it take and what temperatures

Milan.

Comment

due to popular demand, here is the kind of thing you can buy for the weber to make it into a pizza oven

Onlyfire BRK-6023 Pizza Oven Conversion Kit for 57 CM/ 22.5” Kettle Grills and Smoker, stainless steel ring with thermometer, pizza stone, aluminum pizza peel : Amazon.co.uk: Garden

works really really well

I made wooden pizza shovels because you need to launch on wood and collect on steel because if you launch on steel you end up with an unplanned calzonie

Milan.

Comment

This is a contractor site FFS. Stop with this halfarsery.

Get a Weber kettle for "cooking" - burgers, steaks, chops and rotisserie chickens i.e anything you can do in an hour or so with your kitchen oven.

If you want to "smoke" then get yourself a BGEgg, Kamado Joe (as a minimum the ALDi/CostCo budget version) or an offset smoker. You need something that will hold its temp for at least 5hrs without you needing to get involved.

BGEgg and Kamado will both allow you to do decent pizza given they can both easily hit 500 degs.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post

that's awesome, what do you smoke in there and how long does it take and what temperatures

Milan.
          Beef short ribs mainly because I like them and they are easy. Last time I did it I did about 5 kilos worth took about 5-6 hours. I've done a whole brisket in it, hot smoked salmon and chicken. It has 2 levels inside it so is pretty good for doing lots of food in one go. It can do about 4 chickens in one go

Beef short ribs shown below. Not the best, but the only pics I could find

Name:	after.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	486.0 KB
ID:	4258152
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            This is a contractor site FFS. Stop with this halfarsery.

Get a Weber kettle for "cooking" - burgers, steaks, chops and rotisserie chickens i.e anything you can do in an hour or so with your kitchen oven.

If you want to "smoke" then get yourself a BGEgg, Kamado Joe (as a minimum the ALDi/CostCo budget version) or an offset smoker. You need something that will hold its temp for at least 5hrs without you needing to get involved.

BGEgg and Kamado will both allow you to do decent pizza given they can both easily hit 500 degs.

HTH
            Agree with the holding its temp thing. Mine is a Faff because it's just a thin metal body, so no insulation so you tend to find your watching the temperature monitor all the time as the temp can vary. It has a water pan in it above the fire. This is heated by the fire, so it does help regulate the temp a bit. It also produces moisture which helps stop the food from drying out
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Beef short ribs mainly because I like them and they are easy. Last time I did it I did about 5 kilos worth took about 5-6 hours. I've done a whole brisket in it, hot smoked salmon and chicken. It has 2 levels inside it so is pretty good for doing lots of food in one go. It can do about 4 chickens in one go

Beef short ribs shown below. Not the best, but the only pics I could find

Name:	after.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	486.0 KB
ID:	4258152

wow awesome

Milan.

Comment

Call me a snob but my advice would be to steer clear of BBQs hosted by people who never cook yet suddenly think they can cook for thirty people over hot coals and where everything on offer went straight from plastic packaging onto the grill.

Comment

This is what I've been using....

Name:	smoker2.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	178.6 KB
ID:	4257015
                  Looks like something The Luftwaffe dropped on East London.

Comment

Originally posted by HeritageActParsons View Post
                    My current set up is a 57cm Weber Kettle with a rotisserie attachment but got a yearning to be a pitmaster and do some good brisket. Have tried in the kettle and result wasn’t bad but needed a lot of micro management for a very long time to keep temp stable.

Thinking about one of these - anyone know if they’re any good?

https://www.zonabarbacoa.com/kamados...BO77yuisvs0lDE
                    Sure, I can help you with that. Here are some of the best barbecues for brisket:
                    • Weber Smokey Mountain: This is a great choice for those who want a versatile and reliable barbecue. It has a large cooking surface and can be used for both smoking and grilling.
                    • Traeger Ironwood 650: This is another great option for those who want a high-quality barbecue. It has a large cooking surface and can be used for both smoking and grilling.
                    • Z Grills Z-Grill 1000: This is a great option for those who want a more affordable barbecue. It still has a large cooking surface and can be used for both smoking and grilling.
                    • Camp Chef Woodwind 36 Series: This is a great option for those who want a barbecue that is easy to use. It has a digital controller that makes it easy to set the temperature and time.
                    • Pit Boss Austin XL: This is a great option for those who want a barbecue that is built to last. It is made of stainless steel and has a 10-year warranty.

Once you have chosen a barbecue, you will need to learn how to smoke brisket. Here are some tips:
                    • Choose a good cut of brisket. You will want a brisket that has a lot of marbling.
                    • Season the brisket with salt, pepper, and your favorite rub.
                    • Smoke the brisket at a low temperature for several hours.
                    • Wrap the brisket in aluminum foil or butcher paper after a few hours.
                    • Smoke the brisket until it reaches an internal temperature of 203 degrees Fahrenheit.
                    • Let the brisket rest for at least an hour before slicing and serving.

With a little practice, you will be able to smoke brisket like a pro!

Kind regards

Google Bard.
                    England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Working...
                    X