• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MOTD

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    How will the Mail/Express spin this one?
    They either hate the BBC or have to say that the BBC is right?

Or they have to run a distraction story.
    It's the same with Times Online Commenters. They hate Lineker, they hate the BBC; but one is right and one isn't. Which target to go for.

It's interesting the Andrew Neill even hosted a politics program and was able to privately make political comments.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Protagoras View Post

It's the same reason why it matters to anyone with an employer or client - it may have an impact on prospects or income if it offends the policies of the engager.

The independently wealthy who don't need income from stakeholders can afford free speech; for others the price may be too high.
      The BBC have proved they are hypocritical and it only matters because this Tory government are thin skinned.

Like a stop clock being right the odious Piers Morgan has pointed out Gary Linekar is just a (freelance) football commentator so why the government and the BBC reacting to what he says?

They didn't react when he tweeted that Corbyn should go. When complaints were made about Andrew Neil the BBC's response was to point out he was freelance.

If the BBC had simply ignored the right wing part of the Tory party's complaints I wouldn't have made a thread about this. Likewise if the Beeb weren't pandering to their fear of that part of the Tory party Ladymuck wouldn't have posted her thread on Attenborough.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I suspect more people will enjoy MOTD tomorrow without their inane blathering and they'll have record viewing figures.

As the beeb is desperate to save money, they could have inadvertently stumbled on a way to significantly cut the wages bill.
        Turns out, viewing figures were up by 500k

Comment

<yawn>

Comment

The only people who seem to be upset by Lineker using free speech are proponents of free speech, when it suits them though. All I'm seeing is a bunch of right wing journalists and commentators trying to 'cancel' someone for a comment they made which if had been ignored by the BBC would have blown over by bow but because these self same proponents of free speech are so up in arms about something they have misrepresented, it's just going to get worse for them. Interesting that Sunak has stated that it is for the BBC to sort out yet 36 Conservative MPs have decided to interfere by writing to the BBC to be impartial. This is turning into another Conservative and right wing farce (still waiting so see about Alan Sugar, Karen Brady, et. al. who also do the same)
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Not too sure if this is someone supportive of the Tory government or a license payer:

Click image for larger version

Name:	FrA6BlDX0AARg2f?format=jpg&amp;name=medium.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	4256006
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

The BBC have proved they are hypocritical ...
                You mean, the BBC as represented at the top by two Tory supporters?

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Oh you can sign a petition to encourage the Beeb to get everyone in Sport back at work https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitio...tch-of-the-day
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I found it strange that motd was only 20 minutes.

But it turns out the BBC only buy 20 minutes of content and the rest of the show is fake banter.

When this gets resolved maybe the BBC could also do a second version of the show for iPlayer, which just includes the football (I would prefer with some sort of commentary)

Comment

They should hire me to be football commentator. "Here comes one of the blokes in a red shirt, yeh, he's kicking that, er, round thing, what you call it?"
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X