• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How are you celebrating International Womens Day?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post

ok so the african inspired clothes were a tweed suit?
    She was wearing a cardigan. An item of clothing named after....

Also there are groups of black people like the Congolese Dandies who put their own twist on common Western clothing and fabrics.

Originally posted by vetran View Post

oh I hope the lady at the bus stop was hung drawn & quartered for cultural appropriation.
    Why should she be? I know you don't buy women's clothing but you can get such clothes from mainstream retailers.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

While you may fit into the Ginger Club, unfortunately unless you have brown skin you don't fit into their club.

I suppose you could do a Nkechi Amare Diallo......
      Don't you try and oppress me! I can identify as a black ginger if I want!
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

No I'm talking about real living people.

There are people in or off Jamaica descent who are ginger and black. (There are others.)
        Like this cutie

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I know you don't buy women's clothing ...
          Do really know that?

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

I'll bite.

That might have been true first time round. Said white woman has lost her job, has been publicly shamed, come forward to apologies and be educated in the public eye. Incident is closed.

But that was then, the situation is now. The black woman has had someone sacked, received grovelling apologies all round and has had her (more than) 15 minutes of fame. She's now milking it by overtly dressing in a way that arguably caused the confusion in the first place and complaining she deserves more. Sympathy has gone and there is just no need.
            Said white woman is now back performing royal duties though and said black woman has been harassed to the point that she has had to step back from her job. Who won?
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
            X