• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Netflix Hides all the Women in F1 Show

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not an F1 fan but in the day when I did club motorsport, what few women participated were more than welcomed. It's just that no many women are interested.
    Great respect to this wonderful lady Sabine RIP.

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

There are several lady engineers in the various crews if you look, plus at least one working on the pit wall on strategy.

An old friend - small, blonde, pretty and slightly mad - has a Masters in engineering and is currently the MOD's go to person for advanced composite materials in high-stress environments. I really doubt she is the only one in what is seen as a male province. Perhaps the issue with F1 is the fact it's sold as a sport, not a seriously complex, advanced engineering environment.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        There are several lady engineers in the various crews if you look, plus at least one working on the pit wall on strategy.
        exactly - out of thousands of people there are a handful of women if you look closely (actually I think in absolute terms there are a lot it's just small as a %). Plus often they are shorter so blocked from view in photos!

Perhaps the issue with F1 is the fact it's sold as a sport, not a seriously complex, advanced engineering environment.
        Surely anyone who's into engineering knows exactly how demanding F1 is, just as people interested in sports science know how much is involved in football? You don't see women not work in football in this area to anything like the same degree.
        I think more women like sport than engineering so would this put people off? Motorsport is very male-dominated on the driving/sporting side so maybe it's seen as a "male job" (engineering) in a very male-dominated sport and that is off-putting to all but the hardcore.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
        X