• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Netflix Hides all the Women in F1 Show

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netflix Hides all the Women in F1 Show

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-64826799
    Drive to Survive: Netflix F1 show criticised for lack of women

Utterly outraged. Possibly even triggered. In the current series F1TS does not show a single female F1 driver or F1 team principle. And they shoot it deliberately to make it seem like virtually all the engineers are men as well! They suggest most of the women in the teams are there doing makeup or PR or PA jobs.

But it goes deeper, because watching F1 coverage over the last few years they consistently portray the sport as intensely male-dominated. It must be collusion. Probably to avoid upsetting the Saudis.

As Toto Wolff's wife says:
    How should a young girl, who's eight, and maybe loves F1, how can she visualise herself getting into that paddock if she can't even see participation or women working in the paddock
    Quite so. Just because there are no women drivers or team bosses, and no women in top-level roles within the management of the sport, it's unacceptable that none are shown on TV.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Well they haven't set any diversity targets they are all young-middle aged white men.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The younger women engineers I know work, or are seeking work, preferentially in areas that positively contribute towards the tackling climate change. They head for renewables and infrastructure type work.

Maybe female engineers don't see F1 as an attractive proposition?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Well they haven't set any diversity targets they are all young-middle aged white men.
        no its a lie I see three ladies (maybe identifying as men) in the second row.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

no its a lie I see three ladies (maybe identifying as men) in the second row.
          Try Specsavers, I see four in the second row from the top. Although the fourth from the right on the second row may be a tail identifying as a no-tail.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Try Specsavers, I see four in the second row from the top. Although the fourth from the right on the second row may be a tail identifying as a no-tail.
            I call tail!

Comment

Claire Williams was quite heavily featured before leaving the team.

Comment

The C4 sponsor for the F1 show (Bristol Street?) has the right idea, in their advert they have a row of men lined up at the back and a woman pushed right up close to the camera mostly blocking them. Presumably so you notice they have one (just the one though).

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
                  Claire Williams was quite heavily featured before leaving the team.
                  Shush, we don't want facts to get in the way.

(and yes, she is great. I was sad she/the family were sidelined and then left)

Comment

They had women in F1. They got rid of the pit lane girls, remember?
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                    X