• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Matt Handjob could be...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh vetran we agree on something
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Oh vetran we agree on something
      try it you might like it
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Locking a company phone to stop installs is easy we were doing it 15 years ago. Any attempt to bypass was treated as hacking and prosecuted.

If its government secrets you can dictate exactly what people use to communicate and lock them up if they ignore the instruction, though the threat to make them unemployable on government contracts usually works.

As you say for private industry you change the contracts to make it a sacking offence just as plenty of companies who service governments do.

This is well documented in the public domain its not rocket science.
        I know it's common in the private sector but, for some reason, the rules for government and their assorted hangers on are about 20 years behind. I think they only banned used of private email in the early 2000's.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I know it's common in the private sector but, for some reason, the rules for government and their assorted hangers on are about 20 years behind. I think they only banned used of private email in the early 2000's.
          Its's way more complicated than that. There are rules about how you label the Subject Line of an email for example, to meet the various (and ever changing) definitions of security levels, never mind stuff like addressees and the bounds of what can be contained within each of the various groupings.

But - and it's significant - any and every Civil Servant is bound by the OSA. The tool is irrelevant, the dissemination of governmental material is controlled, and if you don't adhere to the rules, you can go to jail.

So giving such material to a reporter outside the ambit of the CS rules is just stupid. But then again, 99% of politicians appear to see stupidity as a desirable.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
          X