• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear: Get ready for a regular stream of negativity from the DM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear: Get ready for a regular stream of negativity from the DM

as the title suggests

Milan.

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    as the title suggests

Milan.
    Seems positive to me...

The Daily Mail has uncovered the astonishing story of a self-building, Passat-driving IT contractor whose home is worth a staggering €809,999. This jaw-dropping revelation has sent shockwaves through the country as people question how one person could amass such wealth.

According to our sources, this contractor, who we will refer to as Mr. X, started off as a humble IT professional. But with his expertise in the field, he soon rose through the ranks and began to command a high price for his services. It wasn't long before he had saved up enough money to embark on an ambitious project: building his own dream home.

Despite having no previous experience in construction, Mr. X threw himself into the project with gusto. Armed with nothing but YouTube tutorials and a can-do attitude, he set about constructing his home from scratch. And against all odds, he succeeded. Today, his home is a shining example of what can be achieved with determination and hard work.

But that's not all. Mr. X's choice of vehicle has also caused a stir. While many wealthy individuals opt for luxury cars like Lamborghinis and Ferraris, Mr. X chooses to drive a humble Passat. Some have speculated that this is a deliberate attempt to downplay his wealth and blend in with the masses.

And while Mr. X's success story may seem like an inspiration to others, some have voiced concerns about the message it sends. Is it fair that one person can amass such wealth while others struggle to make ends meet? And what does it say about our society that someone can build a home worth almost a million euros through sheer determination and hard work?

These are questions that only time will answer. But for now, the story of Mr. X and his self-built, Passat-driving lifestyle is sure to continue to captivate and inspire us all.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

ha ha good one

latest update......

in Benes garage, the flagship is our 18month old 530hp X5M50i

we don't have any Passat's any more :-(

property has become properties

what's new how's life

it's wonderful to see the old gang here

Milan

Comment

Welcome back Milan

We now have 4 cars (one of the kids drives now and the wife has Threaded tendencies so has a minibus and a little Peugeot) , the mighty Mondeo went to car heaven at 131,000 miles. Now I have a Kia.

Moved to a bigger house in a quiet cul de sac complete with net curtains.

2 Kids away at University so very quiet.

Still a permie but I work for a consultancy which is fun.

Loving ChatGPT its going to make my job interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Welcome back Milan

Moved to a bigger house in a quiet cul de sac complete with net curtains.

sounds very Hyacinth Bucket and I am sure you are all very happy

what are Threaded tendencies ?

2 kids at uni, that must make it nice and peaceful at home

Milan

Milan

Comment

Getting stuck in the Pleistocene when the time machine develops a fault?
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Milan

Milan
              Two cars one driver.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Milan

Milan
                couple of neighbours are a bit Hyacinth but we have cul de sac parties in the road, jubilee etc, expect us to barbecuing out front.

Comment

that's nice, I'm a strong believer in getting on with yer neighbours

who's got the best bbq ?

Milan.

Milan.

Comment

that's nice, I'm a strong believer in getting on with yer neighbours

who's got the best bbq ?

Milan.

Milan.
                    Mine has its own roof, does Pizzas and has a under BBQ cooler. Not quite american.

Comment

Working...
                    X