• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract of the day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I don't know coding but all I see is an over egged requirements which most job ads have with an OK'ish rate. 400 outside so about 650 outside. Doesn't look too shabby that? London bit isn't ideal but depends on how much time in the office.

Doesn't seem worth of a contract of the day to me

This one trumps it. 163 to 197 per day INSIDE for a Project Manager. Granted for NHS but still...

https://jobserve.com/gb/en/search-jo...F664F752776D6/
    Posted: Thursday, 16 February 2023
    Until end of March 2023, Paying between £163 to £197 Per Day, Inside IR35
    That's got to be for one of those biosecurity WEF totalitarian control digital vaccine passport type projects?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by gixxer2021 View Post

Having someone monitoring you and making suggestions as you work, could be seen as an unacceptable level of D & C?
      If you think that pair-programming is "someone monitoring you and making suggestions as you work" then you have no clue what pair programming is or what the drivers and benefits of it are.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

If you think that pair-programming is "someone monitoring you and making suggestions as you work" then you have no clue what pair programming is or what the drivers and benefits of it are.

No I probably don’t, and neither have the developers I’ve seen trying to do it either years ago by the sounds of it Current client contracts me to build parts of their system, and I do that then deliver it, so no chance of anything like that happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

Can you tell us more about pair programming, never done it myself, the thing that scares me about it is pairing with some types of developers. About half the developers i work with, i enjoy working with, the other half i would not enjoy pairing or working closely with.

So how does that work out in reality?
          Last edited by Fraidycat; 17 February 2023, 15:28.

Comment

Working...
          X