• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Smear your enemies...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smear your enemies...

literally.

Artistes are a strange folk.

BBC News - Ballet director smeared faeces on critic's face after bad review https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-64630181
    An award-winning German ballet director has been suspended after smearing dog faeces on a critic's face.

Marco Goecke was apparently furious about a review of one of his shows by journalist Wiebke Hüster.

He allegedly confronted Ms Hüster during the half-time break of another show and smeared a paper bag filled with dog excrement on her face.

Ms Hüster's employer, the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung (FAZ), said police were investigating.

The initial review of Mr Goecke's show, In The Dutch Mountains, was described by Ms Hüster as like being "alternately driven mad and killed by boredom".

Mr Goecke said he believed the damning review had cost the Hanover Opera House subscriptions and threatened to ban her from the opera house during the confrontation.

Hanover State Opera said Mr Goecke had been suspended with immediate effect, as his "impulsive reaction" went against its rules of conduct.

They said Mr Goecke "extremely unsettled the audience, the employees of the house and the general public and thus massively damaged the State Ballet".

The statement also said that Ms Hüster's "personal integrity was blatantly violated".

The FAZ paper, for which Ms Hüster worked, described the incident as "an attempt to intimidate our free, critical view of the art".

Mr Goecke has been the director at the Hanover Theatre since 2019 and won the 2022 German Dance prize.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Could cause blindness

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Could cause blindness
      Might make his productions bearable.
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Well at least he did it to a critic, imagine if he did that to someone that really liked his show. That really would be the shi*t hitting the fan.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          Well at least he did it to a critic, imagine if he did that to someone that really liked his show. That really would be the shi*t hitting the fan.

There's probably some trendy modern show where they do it as part of the script.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Sickipedia has it covered

An award-winning German ballet director has been suspended after smearing dog faeces on a critic's face for giving him a bad review. If I had to sit through three hours of ******* ballet, I'd want to be tulipfaced too.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

He's refusing to apologise apparently.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...aeces-incident

An award-winning German ballet company director who smeared his dog’s faeces on the face of a dance critic has failed to apologise, saying he was responding to decades of “annihilatory criticism”.
              Marco Goecke admitted in an interview with the broadcaster NDR that his “means of attack” was “certainly not super” but said he had acted on impulse on seeing the journalist, Wiebke Hüster.

Goecke, the 2022 winner of the German dance prize, is being investigated by police on charges of criminal assault and has been suspended from his post as head of Hanover State Opera’s ballet company and barred from entering the opera house.

Oh no he's just given his apology it sounds like a Jeremy Clarkson apology.

https://abcnews.go.com/International...ttack-97191357

However, he added that it's time for media to “rethink a certain form of destructive and hurtful reporting that damages the whole cultural sector” and criticized Huester for what he said were “often nasty reviews.”
              Goecke pointed to the “nervous strain” resulting from two premieres in quick succession as a reason for his actions.

“I apologize for the fact that I finally blew my top, but I also ask for a certain understanding at least for the reasons why this happened,” he wrote.
              Last edited by SueEllen; 14 February 2023, 20:07.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
              X