• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are you ready for R!sh!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you ready for R!sh!

He was so boring I switched the radio off and it went on forever.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-conservatives

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...numbers-words/

You may have heard of a new online chatbot called ChatGPT, which promises to revolutionise the field of AI. It’s also quite fun.
    You put in a prompt – anything from “write an 800-word essay about the causes of the First World War” to ”generate 10 dating tips in the language of the King James Bible” – and the robot will churn out an answer based on the entire corpus of the English-language internet.

The result is often a little stilted or circumlocutory, but it is always coherent. Sometimes, it can be surprisingly convincing.

There were echoes of ChatGPT in Rishi Sunak’s speech on Wednesday, which sounded at times as though a member of the Number 10 press office had gone to the chatbot with the command: “Write a speech setting out my vision for 2023. Speech must mention nitrous oxide canisters, crack addicts and war memorials. Must not contain any overly-ambitious policy proposals.”

It was like painting by numbers, but with words – although numbers were a big theme, not least the much-trailed pledge to allow all children to study some form of maths until the age of 18.

You’d have thought that teaching people to count would be the last thing that a Tory PM who’d seen the polls recently would want to do. Perhaps it’s to equip younger generations with the complex mental arithmetic needed to work out how long they’ll be waiting for an NHS appointment – “Dr Jones will be able to see you in sin cos tan to the power of x squared days.”
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

“I’ve seen excitement, and I’ve seen boredom. And boredom was best.”
    Or this seems apt in the current millenium so far
    Rincewind sighed. He liked lettuce. It was so incredibly boring. He had spent years in search of boredom, but had never achieved it. Just when he thought he had it in his grasp his life would suddenly become full of near-terminal interest.
    "Make politics boring again" sounds like a good election motto
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

he just needs to be a good accountant.

Crime costs less if you decrease it.
      Health costs are lower if you manage the process better.
      Social costs less if you manage it well.
      You make more money if you sell and manufacture well.
      Your workforce is better if its well trained.

I would vote for that. Sadly he seems to lack the balls.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

And today we have had Sir Keir.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...084f5e7540c28a

They are both doing their best to help us sleep well during day time.
        Last edited by SueEllen; 5 January 2023, 11:48.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
        X