• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nationwide Building Society House Price Index December 22

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nationwide Building Society House Price Index December 22

Happy new year and hope you all had a fantastic break.

Key points for this month:

- Fourth consecutive monthly decline drives annual house price growth down to 2.8% in December

- All regions record a slowdown in annual price growth in the final quarter of the year

- East Anglia the strongest performing region in 2022, while Scotland was weakest

It is good to see areas outside London performing. Now more people have the ability to be able to work from home, being close or within commuting distance of London is not as essential as it once. Whilst the train strikes undoubtedly causes havoc, it does not seem to have the devastating impact it would of say 5 years ago.

Full report here:

https://www.nationwidehousepriceinde...y2-irpy2-8mch4

Originally posted by Martin@AS Financial View Post
    Happy new year and hope you all had a fantastic break.

Key points for this month:

- Fourth consecutive monthly decline drives annual house price growth down to 2.8% in December

- All regions record a slowdown in annual price growth in the final quarter of the year

- East Anglia the strongest performing region in 2022, while Scotland was weakest

It is good to see areas outside London performing. Now more people have the ability to be able to work from home, being close or within commuting distance of London is not as essential as it once. Whilst the train strikes undoubtedly causes havoc, it does not seem to have the devastating impact it would of say 5 years ago.

Full report here:

https://www.nationwidehousepriceinde...y2-irpy2-8mch4

Thank you Martin.

I can only speak for myself, but few things currently give me greater joy than hearing a new train strike announcement and knowing I'll get another few weeks 100% WFH.

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post

Thank you Martin.

I can only speak for myself, but few things currently give me greater joy than hearing a new train strike announcement and knowing I'll get another few weeks 100% WFH.
      It's quite timely as all those companies who embraced WFH during Covid but then started backsliding "well of course you need to be in 1...2...3 days a week so we can check on you" might have to reevaluate.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

It's quite timely as all those companies who embraced WFH during Covid but then started backsliding "well of course you need to be in 1...2...3 days a week so we can check on you" might have to reevaluate.
        I wouldn't have such an issue with going into the orifice if it wasn't so completely pointless. I don't know how it is for others, but we have recently been put on a "2 days per week" regime, having previously been on a 4 days per month (any combination). Firstly, 2 days per week barely saves any money on a full season (I am a ways out of London so £77 return each day ) but the bit I find most annoying is that we don't make any attempt to sync our office days, so working from the office is exactly the same as wfh, with all meetings still on the headset etc. which I find strangely pointless and infuriating.

Comment

I wouldn't have such an issue with going into the orifice if it wasn't so completely pointless. I don't know how it is for others, but we have recently been put on a "2 days per week" regime, having previously been on a 4 days per month (any combination). Firstly, 2 days per week barely saves any money on a full season (I am a ways out of London so £77 return each day ) but the bit I find most annoying is that we don't make any attempt to sync our office days, so working from the office is exactly the same as wfh, with all meetings still on the headset etc. which I find strangely pointless and infuriating.
          That's because you are looking at it from a purely personal view as a supplier to a client.. but off topic anyway,.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

That's because you are looking at it from a purely personal view as a supplier to a client.. but off topic anyway,.
            So what benefit is it to the client? Literally no one that I interact with at work wants it this way - this is a big commercial bank and the directive has come from on high.

Comment

So what benefit is it to the client? Literally no one that I interact with at work wants it this way - this is a big commercial bank and the directive has come from on high.
              Start another thread rather than taking this one off topic and we can reply
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It's largely down to HR types desperate to cling on to a job which has shown to be superfluous, or middle-managers who don't trust the employees to actually do anything with having their necks breathed down.

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Start another thread rather than taking this one off topic and we can reply
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                X