• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has Futuro Gone Bust?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW
    I like it how you don't see the advantage of your clients being paid all moneys due in full even if you personally will lose everything in case of your firms' collapse: it's all just about getting more business eh?
    For me to join atsco there has to be a commercial advantage for me to do so. I run my business very well especially with regards to finances.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
      For me to join atsco there has to be a commercial advantage for me to do so. I run my business very well especially with regards to finances.

did Tony A ever get you into court dodgy ?

he threatened to about 2 yrs ago ??

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by WindyAnna
        I have to say I owe my arsey client bugger all loyalty now. They are even congratulating themselves on having got us moved to another agent with an effective date of yesterday - like we couldn't have done that ourselves and faster! They (apparently) can't pay me as they are worried about a double liability to the receivers if (when, more like) they are appointed. I think they can take that hit (major business with ooodles of profit) a lot easier than I can! To be honest if they don't sort it I will bill Futuro for the time just so my client doesn't get it for free! I hate to leave my colleagues in the crap but I will not feel a seconds guilt to my client for walking out a month before go-live!!!

Have good weekends all of ya!

A
        Don't worry. Your clients will be getting the bill for the time. That will then go into the pot for paying the creditors. you might get something, you might not but that, unfortunately is the system.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist
          did Tony A ever get you into court dodgy ?

he threatened to about 2 yrs ago ??

I disappeared to Bulgaria for a while and hid in the mountains. it seems to have blown over now
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I run my business very well especially with regards to finances.
            Yes I am sure of that - you must love packages that have very high commission based part.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
              Yes I am sure of that - you must love packages that have very high commission based part.

You seem to have developed an understanding of how business works AtW. A hard lesson from Dragon's Den perhaps?

Comment

I have worked long enough (it seemed like a lifetime) in a company whose culture is best described as "sales-driven": FA salary but high commissions - the most interesting, if obvious, observation that I made is that the worse the product was the higher the commission, you know what I mean?

I will be meeting next week a chap who was on the Dragon's, they got him thrashed (sp?) completely when on question what he will do with the £200k investment he seeked he basically said he wanted to spend it on salaries
                Last edited by AtW; 23 February 2007, 21:16.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                  I have worked long enough (it seemed like a lifetime) in a company whose culture is best described as "sales-driven": FA salary but high commissions - the most interesting, if obvious, observation that I made is that the worse the product the higher the commission, you know what I mean?
                  So how should a company be run? All businesses are sales led you complete idiot with the exception of non profit making ones. So what if the product is crap? if people are prepared to pay for it then they clearly do not agree with your righteous assertions do they?

Comment

Originally posted by WindyAnna
                    .... "Whilst you still hold signed timesheets in your hand you can invoice the client for the work through an alternative route (and have a much stronger negotiating position with the receiver)".

If my customer refuses to deal with me direct, or to back date my contract with another agency how can I invoice the client for this??? Or do I do it anyway irrespective of what my client says?

Cheers!!
                    As the ancient principle of contract privity no longer applies in English law, and you are indirectly a beneficiary of the client-agent contract, you may now be able claim your cut directly from the client on that basis. As others have said, find a good solicitor fast, and ask them about privity of contract.

See Contracts (Rights Of Third Parties) Act 1999

In particular, your client may be reassured by the following:

Section 5: Protection of Promisor from Double Liability

22. Section 5 provides that where the promisee has recovered damages (or an agreed sum) from the promisor in respect of either the third party's loss or the promisee's expense in making good that loss, the court or arbitral tribunal shall reduce any award to the third party enforcing a term under section 1 to take account of the sum already recovered.
                    Last edited by OwlHoot; 23 February 2007, 21:27.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

if people are prepared to pay for it then they clearly do not agree with your righteous assertions do they?
                      Sales people just lie - otherwise they lose the job, if they get caught then the company denies it (the company) actually had a policy to BS people into buying stuff that is not best for them, and such company would normally have forced sackings if certain minimum level of sales are not met - sounds familiar? In this artificial structure the only consequence is that salespeople will end up misselling.

What's your sales staff turnover?

Sure good sales people should get extra, however companies that become sales lead end up making actual product redundant - it all becomes about marketing and more precisely amount of commission that manufacturer will give - sales staff will lie in order to stay in the job and consumer will get product that is not best for them... all the better for salespeople because they can sell new junk again later.

On a conveyer's factory there ought to be quality standards to ensure that those who make more widgets will get more money, however in less defined things like finance products, agents, mobile phones etc the skew in favour of commissions results in one inevitable thing - misselling.

Comment

Working...
                      X