• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Idiots!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idiots!

Adults aren't primary age and should know better.

If they fell through I think they should have waited to fish their bodies out.

https://www.itv.com/news/granada/202...on-frozen-lake

A group have been slammed after they were filmed sliding and dancing on a frozen lake - just days after four others lost their lives plunging through ice.
    Footage shows the 10 people sliding and dancing on a frozen lake in Sefton Park, Liverpool.

The group of men and women are seen walking and sliding on the ice, with one man playing with a football, while two of the women are also seen dancing.

Onlookers are thought to have warned the group to get off the icy lake as it was dangerous and after almost 20 minutes, two wardens came and ordered them to get off - but they did not listen.

It is claimed the group shouted abuse at the wardens, before one woman, in her 20s or 30s, is said to have yelled: "Who do you think you're talking to, we're old enough to make our own decisions."
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

I was going to say "Darwin award incoming" but realised it's entirely possible that they have already procreated.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Scousers are primary age and wouldn't know better.

FTFY
      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

FTFY
        surprised they haven't nicked the lake!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

If they fell through I think they should have waited to fish their bodies out.
          Well then we're all lucky you're not in any sort of decision-making position. The wonderful thing about the emergency services is they just focus on helping people, not judging their value to be helped.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Well then we're all lucky you're not in any sort of decision-making position. The wonderful thing about the emergency services is they just focus on helping people, not judging their value to be helped.
            To be fair they would probably be dead anyway before they were rescued.

Comment

You can't blame those people who were seen out on the ice in Liverpool yesterday.

It's the only place you can walk that isn't covered in syringes.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                You can't blame those people who were seen out on the ice in Liverpool yesterday.

It's the only place you can walk that isn't covered in syringes.

Comment

To be fair they would probably be dead anyway before they were rescued.
                  People who "drown" in very cold water can be revived way beyond normal timescales - loads of cases where people have been under for over an hour and made full recoveries.
                  I remember listening to a podcast years ago which was so good I have dug out a link - it is a Reith lecture on a protocol they use in Austria to try and revive victims who have drowned in cold water. I remember thinking when I heard about these poor kids that there is probably a much better chance they would have survived had this happened in a country where this happens more frequently.

Anyway I really recommend listneing to this lecture and the others in the series by the same chap - very interesting: https://www.globalplayer.com/podcasts/episodes/3yyq1R/

and example of someone saved under the protocol: https://www.thelocal.at/20161220/13-...es-underwater/

Comment

"Who do you think you're talking to, we're old enough to make our own decisions."
                    Oh dear, that will upset the petite bourgeoisie.

Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                    X