• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Idiots out again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post

KUATB I compared her to a PETA protester with a leather belt.

A high vis jacket.

the rope is synthetic.

Her jumper looks suspect too.

Whats the betting her shampoo is premium? There is a girl who likes hair products.

Imagine an iphone and airpods are part of her ensemble.

I bet her leggings and undies are from petroleum products. Though they may be cotton so we are only wasting 1000s of litres of purified (using probably fossil fuel derived energy) water to make them.

All that just to mention her undies, dirty dog

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post

All that just to mention her undies, dirty dog
      I bet MTT would. She is more attractive than Greta.

oh forgot her trainers, petrol city!

These protesters don't understand the impact they have.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
        Spray them with bright orange fluorescent dye and stink bomb fluid and leave them there, then when they come down give them a criminal record and invite anyone affected to sue them via a class action lawsuit and publish their names and addresses
        When they scaled the Dartford Crossing and dangled themselves off the cables I didn't understand why the bridge was closed. If their weight on the cables left the bridge unstable then maybe it's ok but that leads to bigger questions about the structural integrity of the bridge.

They should have been left there and ignored, and the traffic allowed to flow as normal underneath.

Comment

KUATB I compared her to a PETA protester with a leather belt.

A high vis jacket.

the rope is synthetic.

Her jumper looks suspect too.

Whats the betting her shampoo is premium? There is a girl who likes hair products.

Imagine an iphone and airpods are part of her ensemble.

I bet her leggings and undies are from petroleum products. Though they may be cotton so we are only wasting 1000s of litres of purified (using probably fossil fuel derived energy) water to make them.

I think you've gotten a bit hot and bothered imagining her undies. Many environmental types don't object to all use of such things, but wasteful use and disposable stuff in particular. The environmental footprint of a squirt of shampoo is negligible.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

When they scaled the Dartford Crossing and dangled themselves off the cables I didn't understand why the bridge was closed. If their weight on the cables left the bridge unstable then maybe it's ok but that leads to bigger questions about the structural integrity of the bridge.

They should have been left there and ignored, and the traffic allowed to flow as normal underneath.
            It was probably a "duty of care" thing but they could have slung some of those nets they use over roads when working on high voltage lines. If they'd put them underneath the protestors the risk to their lives (from dropping onto the motorway) would have been removed, and life could have continued as normal...

Comment

Originally posted by HoofHearted View Post

It was probably a "duty of care" thing but they could have slung some of those nets they use over roads when working on high voltage lines. If they'd put them underneath the protestors the risk to their lives (from dropping onto the motorway) would have been removed, and life could have continued as normal...
              Or the risk to drivers' lives.

Something like that would have worked perfectly

Comment

We may soon have the equivalent of the 'home guard' deployed at the bottom of structures early in the morning to prevent the 'trespass' ...

This type of protest seems to me to be counterproductive. Yes, it get us talking about it, but the problem becomes the protestors not the subject of the protests. Also, it can't do much for protesters' job prospects.

Doesn't help that the protests create pollution - I don't imagine all those sitting in vehicles with the engines running are bothered about getting fined for idling.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

I think you've gotten a bit hot and bothered imagining her undies. Many environmental types don't object to all use of such things, but wasteful use and disposable stuff in particular. The environmental footprint of a squirt of shampoo is negligible.
                  she is a bit young. The point I was making is that almost all of modern life is based on Oil she is most definitely visibly benefited from this.

They need to decide which bits they want to stop and how. Then protest.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

They may have fallen and caused an accident leading to other people's deaths.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

she is a bit young. The point I was making is that almost all of modern life is based on Oil she is most definitely visibly benefited from this.

They need to decide which bits they want to stop and how. Then protest.
                      I understood your point.

Her entire quality of life has been due to the benefit of fossil fuels.

If she was so against them then she would either go into an industry/area to hasten their removal from people in developed countries lives or help those in developing countries who are suffering due to climate change.

Protesting in the way she is, is just adding to the climate emergency.

(She writes while sitting on public transport.) On another note how did they get to all the motorways and QE2 bridge? It is not like you allowed to cycle on them and majority have no public transport that near.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X