• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Incoming dividend tax raid

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I'm not really saying that... I'm saying that there is seemingly no alternative if the government wants to have a viable economy. They can't just run a huge deficit without losing credibility on the markets (hence the Lizpocalypse). Labour would raise taxes considerably for ideological reasons, the Tories ideologically disagree with it but cannot pragmatically see any other option. The end result might not be very different. People talk as if there is "a way out" from recession like the right policies will magically fix everything, but the truth is sometimes it's just bad. If there isn't enough money, something has to give. That's how I see it anyway
    I'm not sure that this argument that the Tories are low tax, and Labour are high tax stands anymore given the taxes that the Tories have raised in their tenure. I'm not saying labour wouldn't raise certain taxes, but they are more likely to target the well off whilst the Tories target everyone except the super rich.

But ... both raises taxes.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

I'm not sure that this argument that the Tories are low tax, and Labour are high tax stands anymore given the taxes that the Tories have raised in their tenure. I'm not saying labour wouldn't raise certain taxes, but they are more likely to target the well off whilst the Tories target everyone except the super rich.

But ... both raises taxes.
      Yes, and both listen to the Treasury. that's the fundamental problem here. The only real difference now is that Labour will hit the wealth creators out of habit while the Tories will hit everyone.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
      X