• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris not standing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boris not standing

That's all
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ership-contest
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    That's all
    Noooo, he must be. The great like JRM and the clever Boris fan-boys say he definitely will. And those Tories are a clever lot, why would they lie to us?

Saying that .... for once Boris does the right thing. He may have just saved the Tory's asses, shame 100+ MPs in his party couldn't see the common sense that he can't be the PM again (at least not this side of the next GE).
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Inside story of the high-stakes late night meeting where Rishi said ‘no deal’ to Boris

Pair talk face-to-face for the first time since former PM’s fall from power, but reach no deal about who should succeed Liz Truss in No 10

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...meeting-ended/

Comment

Boris Johnson tried to use the Tory trick of blame someone else e.g. smearing R!sh! in his talks with MPs but it didn't work.

I'm finally getting the boring politics I'm asking for e.g. R!sh! Sunak against Keir Starmer in PMQs ,but the country is an absolute frigging mess.

Comment

I'm asking for e.g. R!sh! Sunak against Keir Starmer in PMQs
          First question should be - "Is your wife still a self-claimed non-dom or did she finally make this country her permanent place of residence?"

Second question - "Exactly how much in UK taxes did your wife evade using clearly bogus non-dom status?"

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

First question should be - "Is your wife still a self-claimed non-dom or did she finally make this country her permanent place of residence?"

Second question - "Exactly how much in UK taxes did your wife evade using clearly bogus non-dom status?"
            Way more nuanced than that. "Why do you still have a Green Card". "Why were you absent from Cabinet when lockdown was being discussed - twice?" "Why have you raised taxes to their highest level for 20 years?" , etc., etc...

Labour to win the next GE, then to screw it up, Boris to bring the Tories at the one after that.

Or of course, Ed Davey gets appointed dictator by Wee Burney. Seriously, with the current shower, who the hell knows.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              Way more nuanced than that. "Why do you still have a Green Card". "Why were you absent from Cabinet when lockdown was being discussed - twice?" "Why have you raised taxes to their highest level for 20 years?" , etc., etc...
              1) No
              2) Some easy lie here
              3) We are fiscally responsible blah blah blah

Better be direct without any nuances

Comment

Does the UK state you can't hold any other citizenship or visa if you stand for public office?

I don't think so thanks to history. (Northern Ireland, Ireland, and armed forces personnel spring to mind.)

Comment

Does the UK state you can't hold any other citizenship or visa if you stand for public office?

I don't think so thanks to history. (Northern Ireland, Ireland, and armed forces personnel spring to mind.)
                  I don't think so either. But it doesn't demonstrate a long term intention to stay in the UK.

I know it's rubbish, but it's the kind of questions our left wing media would sensationalise.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                    But it doesn't demonstrate a long term intention to stay in the UK.
                    The very definition of non-dom status...

Comment

Working...
                    X