• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are we about to go to war against Russia?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ben Wallace has hastily cancelled an early afternoon appearance before the Commons defence committee for an urgent trip to Washington DC, prompting speculation as to the purpose of the sudden visit.

Comment

Gulp.

Ben Wallace has hastily cancelled an early afternoon appearance before the Commons defence committee for an urgent trip to Washington DC, prompting speculation as to the purpose of the visit.

James Heappey, a defence minister, said “my boss Ben Wallace is in Washington this morning” in an interview in Sky News and offered a cryptic explanation of his presence there. He suggested that Wallace would be having “the sort of conversations” that had to take place face to face.

Heappey also said that the MoD was doing “a good job keeping our nation safe at a time of incredible global insecurity” – although it was unclear exactly what he may been referring to.

A day earlier, questions were raised after a beleaguered Liz Truss did not appear in the Commons to handle an urgent question about the conduct of her government. Penny Mordaunt, deputising, had told MPs she had a “genuine reason” for not being present – but the reason was not explained and it is not clear if it is related to Wallace’s sudden travel.

Wallace had been due to take questions from the committee on a range of issues, including political engagement with the US administration on military operations, the W93 nuclear missile and US protectionism and export controls.
      https://www.theguardian.com/politics...olitics-latest

Comment

Given Russia has escalated attacks against Ukraine following the bridge attack, this seems like the sort of thing we would expect?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Given Russia has escalated attacks against Ukraine following the bridge attack, this seems like the sort of thing we would expect?
          Unfortunately, yes. Escalation is how he does it. Severe escalation would be a tactical nuke in Ukraine and NATO has already warned that it would invoke a severe response of some kind, while being constructively ambiguous, and it's hard to see that as something other than military (what sanctions are left?). Mining of undersea infrastructure would be another severe escalation.

Comment

Liz Truss today: We are now at war with Russia.

Liz Truss tomorrow: We have appointed a new defence secretary and decided that we are reversing the decision to go to war. We are now not at war with Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post

Liz Truss tomorrow: We have appointed a new defence secretary and decided that we are reversing the decision to go to war. We are now not at war with Russia.

Liz Truss Thursday: Baron Lebedev has accepted my unconditional surrender.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post

And I apologise to the country as I never realised my actions of war declaration would impact the markets.
                Nobody made me aware that the markets would react neagtively or there was any correlation between my policies and the markets.
                But I took swift action in surrender so that I can focus on our energy policy.

Comment

Truss Lies!

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    The ‘urgent meeting’ was with the shop steward of Tory MPs, Sir Graham Brady.

Who knows of what they spoke…
                    Except Graham Brady was in the House of Commons at the time that she was supposedly meeting him.
                    https://twitter.com/evolvepolitics/s...51924144140292
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X