• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More idiots

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Two of them have decided to climb the QE2 bridge so it has been closed.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartfor...cident-275346/

Causing people to use more oil and cause more air pollution in their attempts to get around the closure.
    Was reading about this this morning and wondered if all the people who've had to spend extra on petrol taking detours or lost money due to arriving late at work etc. took out small claims court actions personally against the two numpties up the bridge maybe it would make all these self-serving narcissists think twice about their 'actions'.

The people up the bridge have been clearly identified (they're putting their own faces all own social media) and the causality is straight forward (they went up the bridge, I got delayed / detoured, the delay / detour cost me £xx) so I think a small claim would work.

So, couple of thousand people each claiming fifty quid each, might be enough to deter the next 'eco-moron'

Comment

Originally posted by David71 View Post

Was reading about this this morning and wondered if all the people who've had to spend extra on petrol taking detours or lost money due to arriving late at work etc. took out small claims court actions personally against the two numpties up the bridge maybe it would make all these self-serving narcissists think twice about their 'actions'.

The people up the bridge have been clearly identified (they're putting their own faces all own social media) and the causality is straight forward (they went up the bridge, I got delayed / detoured, the delay / detour cost me £xx) so I think a small claim would work.

So, couple of thousand people each claiming fifty quid each, might be enough to deter the next 'eco-moron'
      If this was America you'd probably find lawyers sniffing around advertising a class action suit on TV.
      It would be an interesting scenario for people who can afford to 'waste' the time on it.

Protest is important but damage caused should be something you can be punished for. The jump from the cost of repairing glue damage to the cost of inconvenience caused... is that realistic?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

If this was America you'd probably find lawyers sniffing around advertising a class action suit on TV.
        It would be an interesting scenario for people who can afford to 'waste' the time on it.

Protest is important but damage caused should be something you can be punished for. The jump from the cost of repairing glue damage to the cost of inconvenience caused... is that realistic?
        would like to see Aston Martin & the gallery go after civil recovery!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          That's why I'd say a small claim would be the way to go.

Done via MCOL it costs next to nothing for a small value claim and only takes a few minutes to file - plus you include the filing fee (£35) in the claim value.

I did it once (for a medium amount) it cost about £60 to file (a few years ago) but I got what I claimed for, so it was worth it.

Comment

Anyone know effective rain dances?

The idiots on the QE2 bridge are staying there until they are brought down. The most peaceful way of bringing protests under control is bad weather and the SE needs more rainful especially now it is autumn.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Anyone know effective rain dances?

The idiots on the QE2 bridge are staying there until they are brought down. The most peaceful way of bringing protests under control is bad weather and the SE needs more rainful especially now it is autumn.
              we need a bit of hail!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

we need a bit of hail!
                I don't know. I think an early snow storm with freezing fog would be most welcome...
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                X