• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mini Budget aka Fiscal Statement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post
    repealed the ir35 amendments from 2017/2021
    so the onus is back on the contractor?

Not something to celebrate.

Leave a comment:

• mallisarealperson
    replied
    devil is always in the detail. But looks like freelance market will be back again. Need to wait to see what the reforms are.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Flippin crikey

Leave a comment:

• Bluenose
    replied
    Yep, its being repealed.

LOOKS LIKE MEATS BACK ON THE MENU BOYS.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Need to see the statement.

Leave a comment:

• mallisarealperson
    replied
    repealed the ir35 amendments from 2017/2021

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    IR35 what did I hear?

According to my ears and twitter he's scrapped it.
    Last edited by SueEllen; 23 September 2022, 08:59.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
    Whatever they do about stamp duty won't be replicated in Wales no doubt, which a relief in a way. House prices near me have gone crazy a 3 bed Semi detached house down the road just sold for £210k I know it doesn't sound a lot but I live in a small village and it's not the most sought after area, the property was bought 4 years ago for £120k. Salaries outside of Cardiff are pretty low too, I just can't fathom what is going on.
    We bought our first house 30 years ago for £65k in one of the villages in Slough. That was the same cost as my flat in the best end of Guildford was worth. My wages at the time were about £20k so 3.5* wages.

The same house is now £500-600K a similar job to mine then is probably £35-40k so 10-20 * wages.

This is in the Slough postcode.

Leave a comment:

• mallisarealperson
    replied
    wow will that get rid of the blanket ban

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    2017 / 2021 IR35 changes repealed?!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X