• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What counts as 'average weekly earnings' - umbrella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post

You really are completely and utterly clueless - do some basic research - Maternity pay and leave: Pay - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

The statutory minimum is 90% of your average weekly wage including bonuses for the first 6 weeks and yes the umbrella will have to pay it - it's both the responsibility of the umbrella to pay it and one of the factors that will determine the margin an umbrella sets...

And we are talking about the first 6 weeks that is 90% of average weekly pay - not the subsequent 33 weeks which are at £156.66 a week (although again holiday pay will accrue over those weeks at 0.54 days of your average daily pay for those 33 weeks).
    actually as I am talking about 'enhanced maternity pay' I am obviously not talking about statutory maternity pay but hey you think I am clueless.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

actually as I am talking about 'enhanced maternity pay' I am obviously not talking about statutory maternity pay but hey you think I am clueless.
      Given that the OP hasn't mentioned "enhanced maternity pay" I haven't got the first idea why you thought it was relevant at all.

And given that the items we are discussing here is just the statutory minimum I would love to know why you think what we are discussing is "enhanced" in any way shape or form.

Equally your first post showed someone who hasn't got the first clue regarding how umbrella firms actually work - so I did think it was appropriate to call you out as a cretinous that you are..
      Last edited by eek; 16 August 2022, 14:18.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
      X