• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£400 energy payment: Fears landlords to keep renters' rebate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

There is a list somewhere on MSE, the site found by Martin Lewis, of how different councils will pay the £150 rebate.
    THe £150 rebate is a separate thing. As I already said, this was done based on council tax band and distributed via the council as a one-off CT rebate. The payment this story about is not anything to do with council tax, it's specifically for energy costs and everyone is getting it.
    However there is another part alongside the £400 only for the poor and I haven't see how that is handled.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I'm surprised there at that many rentals with bills included. I don't think I've ever had that arrangement when renting and I don't do it when letting. Is it because there are certain situations that require it, like multi person rentals or is it seen as a money grab where a landlord can a make a bit extra over egging the bills?
      It has become a lot more common in the last year, partly driven by the increasing prices meaning tenants value stability. All the landlords who went in to it thinking they could make a big extra are probably now getting reamed (or soon will be) but I think it was more a case that customer demand drove more landlords to offer it.

I quite like the idea personally. Changing suppliers every time a tenant changes is a lot of overhead for tenant and landlord and means you get silly bills for the place being empty a few weeks, or whatever. A bit 'neater' that the landlord provides services (or the building owner perhaps) and tenants simply pay a fee. But then tenants can't find a cheaper provider, etc.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        And some councils are making it very difficult to claim.

You will need the following to complete the application form:
        • Name
        • Address
        • Council Tax Reference Number (You will need to enter the first 7 digits – this number begins with 5)
        • Property Reference Number
        • Bank Account Details
        • Completed application form
        • Photographic ID
        The council will carry out a Counter Fraud Identity and Bank Check with a credit reference agency. These checks are used to speed up the decision process. These checks will leave the following footprint on your credit file:

Please allow 3 weeks from completion of the application for the payment to reach your bank account.
        What's that got to do with the energy rebate?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

What's that got to do with the energy rebate?
          I totally agree. It seems like a council trawling exercise for information
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
          X