• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Priti Can't Stop Him.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Priti Can't Stop Him.

Yesterday that man you see shouting about Stopping Brexit on the news where the politicians do their interviews outside parliament was silenced thanks to Priti's new Police and Crime bill.

Well he's back!

The Met police (who are under special measures due to their tulip policing) have kindly told him where exactly he can protest.

It appears Priti's bill really was to target protesters she didn't like.

Oh his crowd funding page is here - https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfund...term=R5PagPGQN

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ng-prosecution

The anti-Brexit activist Steve Bray, known for his loud musical protests outside the House of Commons, has returned to Westminster despite facing prosecution under anti-protest laws.

Police officers attempted to shut down his regular protest near parliament and seized his equipment as the protest laws came into force on Tuesday.

Bray told reporters he had ordered new amplifiers to make his protests even louder and was considering riding round the Palace of Westminster on a rickshaw.

The former Liberal Democrat candidate said the officers threatened they would seize his amplifier again. But on Wednesday, his protest consisted of playing the 1975 Bay City Rollers song Bye Bye Baby overlaid with the lyrics “bye bye Boris”.

Bray, a former coin dealer who protests full-time with help from crowdfunded donations, posted videos on Twitter showing officers approaching him near Parliament Square on Tuesday. His sound system was seized.

The Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Act, which came into force on Tuesday, introduces an offence of intentionally or recklessly causing public nuisance, in an attempt to crack down on disruptive guerrilla protests of the kind used by climate crisis activists.

Bray said he plans to decamp from a traffic island to the pavement across the road, after police officers showed him a map of the designated area where noisy demonstrations are forbidden under the act.

“I’ve got more amps on order and I’m going to link four amps together, not this week, maybe next week, and it’ll be twice as loud as it was here to compensate for the move to the corner,” he told PA Media. “In fact, I’m going to wire eight together.”

He said he was considering riding around Parliament Square on a rickshaw to avoid his amplifier being seized by police again. “Maybe I’ll strap that to my back but it’s heavy, or get on a bike. We’ll get a rickshaw and we’ll have a little whiz around.”

The Metropolitan police said Bray’s equipment had been seized under section 145 of the 2011 Police Reform Social Responsibility Act, which gives the force power to seize items being used for prohibited activities in Parliament Square. That includes operating amplified sound equipment in the controlled area.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Sounds like police over-stepping more than Priti. A bit like that time in lockdown when some forces tried to close car-parks and prevent people going for walks.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Sounds like police over-stepping more than Priti. A bit like that time in lockdown when some forces tried to close car-parks and prevent people going for walks.
      More criticism of the Met police by the public. No wonder they are in special measures.

He's annoying but that's the entire point of his protest. I loved how he made his placards taller as soon as the Beeb put themselves on a platform for their broadcasts.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Bit late to the party isn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
          Bit late to the party isn't he?
          There ain't no party like a Brexit party!

S-Club7 have a lot to answer for

Comment

Working...
          X