• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A replacement for Sir Keir Starmer?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A replacement for Sir Keir Starmer?

Might I suggest Steven Kinnock for the role of leader of the Labour Party?
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Who is he?

I know there is an MP for Aberavon called Stephen Kinnock. He's married to a former Danish PM. His parents are Neil Kinnock of falling in the sea fame and Glenys Kinnock, who is Baroness of Holyhead.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Oh and there are lots of Labour MPs who could take over from Sir Keir Starmer if you want someone less boring. A lot are Northern but none are Scottish.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Oh and there are lots of Labour MPs who could take over from Sir Keir Starmer if you want someone less boring. A lot are Northern but none are Scottish.
        But who specifically? Come on, you're supposed to be the self appointed instant expert, name someone.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          Didn't he own up to having been a big raver back in the day and had had more than his fair share of "chemical refreshment"?

He should cross the house, he'd be more at home there....

Comment

David Lammy, he is well spoken and a listener. He is more left than what I would like but on main policies such as the EU he is pragmatic.

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

But who specifically? Come on, you're supposed to be the self appointed instant expert, name someone.
              Sue just disagrees with everything. From 40s on...

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

David Lammy, he is well spoken and a listener. He is more left than what I would like but on main policies such as the EU he is pragmatic.
                He deals with so much racial abuse I doubt he would put himself up for even more. Plus he's from London.

The pundits which includes betting firms have suggested:
                1. Andy Burnham Mayor of Manchester - the big problem is he isn't an MP plus he is a white straight male. So even if he was an MP he would be more of the same.
                2. Rachel Reeves, MP for Leeds West - woman (whatever one is) and shadows Rishi. Her voice has got noticeably lower in the last month.
                3. Wes Streeting, MP for Illford - openly gay and shadows Javid in Health and social care. He's keeping the left of the party on-side.
                4. Yvette Cooper MP for Normanton, Pontefract and Castleford - woman who shadows Priti Vacant in the Home office. She is very good at putting the boot into Priti Vacant on the Home Affairs Select Committee and in parliament. However she is tainted by her husband and having ministerial posts when Blair and Brown were around.
                5. Lisa Nandy, MP for Wigan - woman and mixed ethnicity. Shadows Gove. She's keeping the left of the party on-side.
                6. Bridget Philipson, MP for Houghton and Sunderland - woman and shadows Zahawi in education.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Sue just disagrees with everything.
                  I've given you a nice list now.

Interestingly Rachel Reeves is a Londoner who moved up North. Her sister Ellie is the MP for Lewisham West and Penge.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

He deals with so much racial abuse I doubt he would put himself up for even more. Plus he's from London.

The pundits which includes betting firms have suggested:
                    1. Andy Burnham Mayor of Manchester - the big problem is he isn't an MP plus he is a white straight male. So even if he was an MP he would be more of the same.
                    2. Rachel Reeves, MP for Leeds West - woman (whatever one is) and shadows Rishi. Her voice has got noticeably lower in the last month.
                    3. Wes Streeting, MP for Illford - openly gay and shadows Javid in Health and social care. He's keeping the left of the party on-side.
                    4. Yvette Cooper MP for Normanton, Pontefract and Castleford - woman who shadows Priti Vacant in the Home office. She is very good at putting the boot into Priti Vacant on the Home Affairs Select Committee and in parliament. However she is tainted by her husband and having ministerial posts when Blair and Brown were around.
                    5. Lisa Nandy, MP for Wigan - woman and mixed ethnicity. Shadows Gove. She's keeping the left of the party on-side.
                    6. Bridget Philipson, MP for Houghton and Sunderland - woman and shadows Zahawi in education.
                    What about Pussy Galore? Sorry, Angel Rayner.
                    The Wail already hates her and Nadine is jealous of how much attention Boris pays to her.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X