• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Motorway Services

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motorway Services

So Are you a Charnock Richard saddo or a chap or chapess of impeccable taste and a Newport Pagnell fan like my good self?
    Just for Friday giggles. Favourite/least favourite motorway services!
    G'wan fill yer boots!
    Former IPSE member
    My Website

Good grief. What's the one with the pond and a nice nature walk, that's the only one I can remember. Hateful places the lot of them.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
      So Are you a Charnock Richard saddo or a chap or chapess of impeccable taste and a Newport Pagnell fan like my good self?
      Just for Friday giggles. Favourite/least favourite motorway services!
      G'wan fill yer boots!
      Actual on motorway services, favourite is probably Tebay just because of the location but if we're including off motorway services then I'd go for Indian Queens.

Least favourite is Hilton just because of the memories of having to queue on the exit for the privilege of sticking my thumb out. Unless you were one of those trade plate guys - they just seemed to push to the front regardless.

Can't imagine there's many old enought here to remember the joys of hitch hiking

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Good grief. What's the one with the pond and a nice nature walk, that's the only one I can remember. Hateful places the lot of them.
        Not sure it might be Westmoreland in Penrith.

Comment

Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post

Not sure it might be Westmoreland in Penrith.
          Tebay?
          Former IPSE member
          My Website

Comment

I quite like services, especially the ones that do the old style cafeteria system. The lamb cobbler at Membury was top notch I seem to recall.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy At Charnock Richard View Post

I quite like services, especially the ones that do the old style cafeteria system. The lamb cobbler at Membury was top notch I seem to recall.
              I actually really like service stations, a little less since they became so franchised but always get excited about calling in. I know I know....

I also remember the days of waitress service and my late father saying "Toilet only! - we are not paying service station prices for owt!!"

Comment

Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post

I actually really like service stations, a little less since they became so franchised but always get excited about calling in. I know I know....

I also remember the days of waitress service and my late father saying "Toilet only! - we are not paying service station prices for owt!!"
                I lived not far from one on the M4 in the late '80s and in those days it was the only place with any life after 11pm - I mean you could get a meal and play space invaders at 3am so we often used to ride our bikes up to the back entrance through the lanes and spend much of our misspent youth in there.

Comment

I do still miss Little Chef though.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I do still miss Little Chef though.
                    The Olympic Breakfast was the best hangover cure ever

Comment

Working...