• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Motorway Services

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guy At Charnock Richard View Post

I lived not far from one on the M4 in the late '80s and in those days it was the only place with any life after 11pm - I mean you could get a meal and play space invaders at 3am so we often used to ride our bikes up to the back entrance through the lanes and spend much of our misspent youth in there.
    Indeed they were and are quite versatile.
    Last year, during lockdown, my brother identified that motorway service areas were the only places where you could legally have a sit-down meal indoors - so he visited quite a few for this purpose.
    ..I started calling him Alan Partridge.

Comment

I refuse to recognise the Waitrose branches at motorway services.

If I saw someone wearing branded sportswear in a 'proper' Waitrose i would complain to the manager.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post

Indeed they were and are quite versatile.
        Last year, during lockdown, my brother identified that motorway service areas were the only places where you could legally have a sit-down meal indoors - so he visited quite a few for this purpose.
        ..I started calling him Alan Partridge.
        Does he loiter around the checkouts with a takeaway coffee in hand making small talk with the staff?

Comment

Originally posted by Guy At Charnock Richard View Post

I lived not far from one on the M4 in the late '80s and in those days it was the only place with any life after 11pm - I mean you could get a meal and play space invaders at 3am so we often used to ride our bikes up to the back entrance through the lanes and spend much of our misspent youth in there.
          Some friends of mine lived near Leicester Forest East in the 1980s. Whenever they had a party, we'd all head out about four or five in the morning, cross a couple of fields, climb over the fence, and head up to the café on the bridge for a proper trucker's fry-up. Good times

Comment

Working...
          X