• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor mortgages - mix of inside and outside contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    ...and try to save as much for a deposit as possible - the bigger the deposit, the easier it will be to get a mortgage. 60% LTV will have more options and better rates than 95%
    worked for Amber Heard!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by CS Contracting View Post
      I took an outside role with a set project spec, which is coming to an end shortly. The department my project was with has recently had some leavers and after I deliver this project, they’ve asked if I’d be willing to extend and help them cover more of the day to day ops - which would definitely bring the role inside, so terminating my outside contract and extending inside.
      Leaving aside your mortgage question, moving from outside to inside at the same client is generally seen as a red flag (i.e. HMRC might think that your original "outside" contract was actually inside). That might not be a problem here, if the 2 roles are sufficiently different, but it's something to be aware of.

Comment

Originally posted by hobnob View Post

Leaving aside your mortgage question, moving from outside to inside at the same client is generally seen as a red flag (i.e. HMRC might think that your original "outside" contract was actually inside). That might not be a problem here, if the 2 roles are sufficiently different, but it's something to be aware of.
        Thanks, I did read around before considering it and saw a lot of advice similar to yours here.

I believe this should be fine, my first few months have been genuinely outside/project based. The client didn’t have anyone with the internal skills capable of doing the project spec. They’ve been extremely cautious of the outside determination, almost to the point of barely speaking to me (apart from the update calls / presentations I’m scheduling to demonstrate progress).

I’d assume HMRC would take into account the specific scenario? I don’t have access to the majority of the tools they’d want me to be using to help out with the day to day ops when inside at the moment, I’m not part of their general ops chat, I’m not invited to their meetings etc. I’ve genuinely been working towards the project spec on my own

Comment

Working...
        X