• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vote for me!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vote for me!

Well if you can't beat them you may as well join them - I'm going to be a police and crime commissioner just need to find the area....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...e-61307006.amp

A police and crime commissioner (PCC) who pledged to crack down on speeding was caught breaking a 30mph limit five times in four months.
    Conservative Caroline Henry, the PCC for Nottinghamshire, appeared before Nottingham magistrates earlier after previously admitting the offences.

The 52-year-old, who was elected in May 2021, was caught speeding in four locations around the county in March, May and June 2021.

She is due to be sentenced in July.

Magistrates were told Henry, who is the wife of Broxtowe MP Darren Henry, had written a letter to the court saying she was "very sorry, embarrassed and ashamed".

Her defence solicitor Noel Philo said the letter was written on "advice I did not give".

Henry was caught speeding in a blue Mercedes and a silver Lexus with a personalised number plate in 30mph (48km/h) zones at four locations, including one near a school.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Something tells me she's upset too many coppers...
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      Something tells me she's upset too many coppers...
      35-40 in a 30 zone, hardly a stonable offence. Good scapegoat
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

35-40 in a 30 zone, hardly a stonable offence. Good scapegoat
        we would have been prosecuted.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
        X