• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm like Nelson Mandela when...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm like Nelson Mandela when...

...yep another poor analogy by someone infamous..

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...la-free-speech
    Piers Morgan has compared himself to Nelson Mandela, claiming his year away from TV presenting and his battle for “free speech” is similar to the former South African leader’s struggle against apartheid.

The former tabloid editor stormed off the set and out of his job at Good Morning Britain after being engaged in public debate when he said he did not believe the Duchess of Sussex’s claims from her Oprah Winfrey interview.

Morgan has recently sought to paint his GMB exit as the result of an effort to silence him.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

I doubt there would be many charity singles or car bumper stickers demanding 'Free Piers Morgan'

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
      I doubt there would be many charity singles or car bumper stickers demanding 'Free Piers Morgan'
      Unless it was "Free Piers Morgan from a helicopter (without a parachute)"
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Gag Piers Morgan - might work!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Seems like a win-win to me. He gets to go and feel important having a TV show where he can be free to share unpopular opinions. We get to avoid hearing them since it's a channel nobody will watch.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

30 years in solitary confinement for Mr Moron sounds like a good idea though.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              30 years in solitary confinement for Mr Moron sounds like a good idea though.
              he doesn't even need to sabotage anything.

Comment

Dammit.

I should have put a poll on about who you guys like the least.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Dammit.

I should have put a poll on about who you guys like the least.
                  throw in Sadiq & Jezzy bell to make it interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

throw in Sadiq & Jezzy bell to make it interesting!
                    For those of us who live in London, Sadiq beats Piers Moron hands down. He beats just about everyone except Putin, to be fair.
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X