• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

For the Railway Enthusiasts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the Railway Enthusiasts

Historic tours of Waterloo station
    Costs £20 on Saturday 30 April and Saturday 14 May
    The tours last about 2 hours each, and will run at 11am and 2:30pm.

Meet under the clock at Waterloo Station 15 minutes early for a prompt start, and wear appropriate shoes and clothing for 2 hours of standing and walking. May not be suitable for children under 12.

Book tickets on link below:

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/histo...s-303427408547

Put on your walking shoes and experience everything which has played a part in the 173-year life of the Waterloo Station. London Waterloo was originally opened in 1848 and is one of Britain’s busiest train stations, reaching 99.4 million journeys a year. On this tour, you will experience hidden pieces of history, including the original Waterloo News cinema, the Battle of Waterloo Medallion, and the World War One and Two Memorial. Join Blue Badge Tour guide, Rachel Kolsky, and see how today’s society has embraced Waterloo's uniqueness through iconic film locations, luxury restaurants, retail units and contemporary graffiti art murals.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

That reminded me of this - regular tours of parts of the underground network go on. They used to sell out really quickly

https://www.ltmuseum.co.uk/hidden-london

Comment

Remember my dad used to take me to a cinema in Waterloo station when I was a kid to watch cartoons. It was up a flight of steps.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

They have this local to us for the holidays. Looks quite fun:

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
        X