• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Salmonella outbreak in eggs.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salmonella outbreak in eggs.

Of the chocolate kind?!

Kinder Surprise eggs recalled over salmonella link

Some 57 people, mostly young children, have suffered food poisoning following a salmonella outbreak that could be linked to Kinder Surprise eggs.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Now I have picture of Edwina in my mind thanks!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

OH! - that's a surprise!

Comment

That's absurd. They probably comprise 97% sugar or corn syrup, 1% chemical dyes, 1% preservative, and 1% chocolate.
        So where would the salmonella hide?
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by jainnode View Post
          OH! - that's a surprise!
          Exactly what she said when John Major came round.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            That's absurd. They probably comprise 97% sugar or corn syrup, 1% chemical dyes, 1% preservative, and 1% chocolate.
            In the plastic egg?!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              From what I recall Salmonella is a genus of rod-shaped (bacillus) Gram-negative bacteria of the family Enterobacteriaceae. The two species of Salmonella are Salmonella enterica and Salmonella bongori. S. enterica is the type species and is further divided into six subspecies that include over 2,600 serotypes. Salmonella was named after Daniel Elmer Salmon, an American veterinary surgeon.

It can be associated with anything grown in the ground and also nuts. In 2008/09 there was a big outbreak in peanut butter and there have been chocolate outbreaks in the 70's and as recent as 2006 when Cadburys had a massive recall. The fats in peanuts, walnuts, seeds, and cocoa beans can insulate bacteria, allowing salmonella to hang around inside the beans for a long time, even in dry conditions.

So as amusing as it is as the story is about a chocolate egg it is a general chocolate outbreak that's highly possible and isn't that uncommon.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

From what I recall Salmonella is a genus of rod-shaped (bacillus) Gram-negative bacteria of the family Enterobacteriaceae. The two species of Salmonella are Salmonella enterica and Salmonella bongori. S. enterica is the type species and is further divided into six subspecies that include over 2,600 serotypes. Salmonella was named after Daniel Elmer Salmon, an American veterinary surgeon.
                What sharp memory you have, grandma.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

What sharp memory you have, grandma.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

What sharp googling skills you have, grandma.
                    FTFY

Comment

Working...
                    X