• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

All Mor Ons in the world felt this one...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All Mor Ons in the world felt this one...

"Ofcom revokes UK broadcasting licence of Kremlin-backed RT TV channel

The media regulator, Ofcom, has revoked Russian-backed television channel RT’s licence to broadcast in the UK with immediate effect.

The channel vanished from British television screens two weeks ago as a result of EU sanctions but Ofcom’s decision makes it almost impossible for it to return to the UK.

The decision does not stop RT, formerly known as Russia Today, publishing online output aimed at British audiences – which often reached larger audiences than the television channel – as Ofcom regulates only broadcast outlets.

RT faced 29 investigations by Ofcom into specific breaches of British impartiality rules over its coverage of the war in Ukraine. The channel had portrayed the invasion as a peacekeeping mission to protect pro-Russian breakaway states."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-channel-ofcom

Next - ZH and any pro-Putin and pro-Russian source of disinfo (which should now be assumed 100% of their coverage and "opinion")

It's on the Ukraine thread.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      "Ofcom revokes UK broadcasting licence of Kremlin-backed RT TV channel

Next - ZH and any pro-Putin and pro-Russian source of disinfo (which should now be assumed 100% of their coverage and "opinion")
      ZeroHedge maybe anti-establishment, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are unreservedly pro-Putin
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

ZeroHedge maybe anti-establishment, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are unreservedly pro-Putin
        So they're pro-Putin, but with reservations.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

So they're pro-Putin, but with reservations.
          Dont ask me. Make up your own mind ..

2022-03-18 Latest News And Developments From The Ukraine War: March 18
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Dont ask me. Make up your own mind ..
            some hope This is NAT!!!

From that they are trying to look neutral not entirely succeeding but neither are the beeb or wail.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

some hope This is NAT!!!

From that they are trying to look neutral not entirely succeeding but neither are the beeb or wail.
              Just going by what you said. No need to get your knickers in a twist.

Oh, and neutral in the face of egregious evil is supporting that evil. Just thought you might like to know. I know it sounds noble, but behind it is the stench of expediency. I know - I live in Switzerland.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Just going by what you said. No need to get your knickers in a twist.

Oh, and neutral in the face of egregious evil is supporting that evil. Just thought you might like to know. I know it sounds noble, but behind it is the stench of expediency. I know - I live in Switzerland.
                I'm not, just making a joke at your expense.

Actually a news source (rather than outlet) should remain impartial so it remains credible on both sides. We have the Beeb & wail for Emotive (oh don't forget the Slaver and currant Bun).

From Reuters & Bloomberg I want facts and figures that describe reality.

Are the Swiss started taking Oligarchs Gold like our bankers?
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

I'm not, just making a joke at your expense.

Actually a news source (rather than outlet) should remain impartial so it remains credible on both sides. We have the Beeb & wail for Emotive (oh don't forget the Slaver and currant Bun).

From Reuters & Bloomberg I want facts and figures that describe reality.

Are the Swiss started taking Oligarchs Gold like our bankers?
                  You clearly don't read enough Reuters news articles. They aren't neutral and are actually used by the Beeb, Manc Slaver and others as a source.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                  X