• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[OFFICIAL] Ukraine Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OFFICIAL] Ukraine Thread

AtW said it's official to me when he appeared as a giant squirrel in my dream last night.

So invasion has begun, but let's start today with:
    Ukraine's president offers weapons to anyone who wants them

Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelenskyy has also said that he will issue weapons to everyone who wants them, according to state media.

You might recall having seen lots of images of Ukrainian civilians undergoing basic military training in recent weeks as tensions ramped up with Russia.
    Can you imagine Boris making a briefing offering everyone firearms?!
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Prince Andrew could seek redemption by offering his ice cool helicopter piloting skills to Ukraine.

Comment

Looks like I picked the wrong time to have just stuck another £10K into my pension fund

Comment

Originally posted by HoofHearted View Post
        Looks like I picked the wrong time to have just stuck another £10K into my pension fund
        Gota load up my ISA, might just leave it in cash a little while though. Although for all I know war will lead to rampant markets. The crash might come after the war.

Comment

Originally posted by HoofHearted View Post
          Don't waste your money on pension funds. See my posts.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Is this all going to be over by tea-time? Seems like it... can't imagine anyone is going to try and force them out or do anything physical about it once they're in.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

Don't waste your money on pension funds. See my posts.
              Dictionary definition:

Pension fund (n): A form of Government piggy bank
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Is this all going to be over by tea-time? Seems like it... can't imagine anyone is going to try and force them out or do anything physical about it once they're in.
                It's very unpredictable and there is no mechanism to make a green line or DMZ
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Who'd have thought we'd so soon be looking back to the rosy days when all we had to worry about was Covid?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Boris Johnson has threatened to write a strongly worded letter to their bank manager, so expect de-escalation presently.
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                    X