• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract Payment in arrears

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract Payment in arrears

Hi,

New to contracting and starting my first contract within IR35 on 28th Feb using Paystream as an umbrella company.

I have been told that the agency will clear funds to pay stream on weekly basis but with 4 weeks in arrears. i.e. for w/c 28 Feb - 4 march, agency will clear funds to pay stream after 4 weeks i.e. in 1st April. pay stream is confident that they will be able to clear funds to my acct the same day they get the money from the agency.

I was expecting max payment within 1 or 2 weeks in arrears. is this 4 weeks arrears payment normal?

thanks in advance
    kp

Originally posted by kp695 View Post
    Hi,

New to contracting and starting my first contract within IR35 on 28th Feb using Paystream as an umbrella company.

I have been told that the agency will clear funds to pay stream on weekly basis but with 4 weeks in arrears. i.e. for w/c 28 Feb - 4 march, agency will clear funds to pay stream after 4 weeks i.e. in 1st April. pay stream is confident that they will be able to clear funds to my acct the same day they get the money from the agency.

I was expecting max payment within 1 or 2 weeks in arrears. is this 4 weeks arrears payment normal?

thanks in advance
    kp
    Depending on the agency - 4 weeks in arrears is common place. And by thankful it's weekly payment because it's often monthly timesheets and monthly terms (so 8 weeks to your first payment not 5).
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Agents often factor payments to some extent as they could be on anything up to 90 days from the client so depends on how much risk they are willing to shoulder and what the payment terms with clients are. That means you'll see the whole shooting match. Some pay weekly, some monthly, some in arears etc. There is no 'normal' in contracting.

P.S. Do a bit more reading around the forum and make sure you post in the correct section. 2 seconds looking at the threads in General should tell you this is not the place to post serious questions.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kp695 View Post
        Hi,

blah blah...

thanks in advance
        kp
        Do you like Gladiators?
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
        X