• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Guess where the most dangerous cities in Europe are?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess where the most dangerous cities in Europe are?

Numbeo Crime Index, most dangerous cities in Europe.

https://www.numbeo.com/crime/region_...jsp?region=150

Shocking!
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Stop talking down the UK!

Now we've left the EU, we're free to re-write what we consider to be crime, so if you remove fraud and a few others, then our crime rates are dropping.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Looking at it, the figures appear to be based on a survey where the questions are "are you worried about X?"
      There is very little information though so I may be getting that totally wrong.

If it is based on worry it may well not correlate with actual crime?

Comment

lived in Romania for my first 25y and only incident I had was my car mirrors getting stollen. Plenty of dodgy people and poverty around there but not that much crime.

Here on the other side... there isn't a month without a stabbing in Isle of Dogs.

And people around here look down on that side of the world and consider it 'rough' and people less than humans.

I've started to think of 'crime' as somehow intended construct of current capitalism. Similar to homelessness.
        You can't have haven without hell. And society is ruled by fear and segregation.
        You cannot convince people to work for pennies unless someone is in a less fortunate situation than them.
        The biggest crooks are the one leading the country.

Comment

Since when was Russia in Europe? I mean it could be days away I guess but still.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
            lived in Romania for my first 25y and only incident I had was my car mirrors getting stollen. Plenty of dodgy people and poverty around there but not that much crime.

Here on the other side... there isn't a month without a stabbing in Isle of Dogs.

And people around here look down on that side of the world and consider it 'rough' and people less than humans.

I've started to think of 'crime' as somehow intended construct of current capitalism. Similar to homelessness.
            You can't have haven without hell. And society is ruled by fear and segregation.
            You cannot convince people to work for pennies unless someone is in a less fortunate situation than them.
            The biggest crooks are the one leading the country.
            That's because crime is caused by relative poverty.

https://keydifferences.com/differenc...e-poverty.html

So basically where you are poor but you look at your neighbour and they have a range rover.

There is an enormous amount of relative poverty in UK. Probably not so much in Romania.

Comment

They missed Hull the Iraq of the North East.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...d-war-23308911

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by cannon999 View Post

That's because crime is caused by relative poverty.

https://keydifferences.com/differenc...e-poverty.html

So basically where you are poor but you look at your neighbour and they have a range rover.

There is an enormous amount of relative poverty in UK. Probably not so much in Romania.
                  crime is also caused by poor education and failing to resonate with young people.
                  if parents are worked to death for pennies and frustrated and do not have the time and patience guess where that is reflected.

for children whatever they say, most of the education is done at home. parents are role models and children absorb everything like a sponge.

how about cutting budgets for public services, printing money to give to already rich and 7% inflation at least. guess where that hits.

if there was the same drive to support people as we've had with covid, we've have had stellar education and society by now.
                  too bad that covid support was to get the rich richer and starve the dogs even further.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    I always felt that Paris was more dodgy than London but brum was the place I was most likely to be run over by someone driving into a wall...
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X