• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That's my cosmetic surgery off the table then

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's my cosmetic surgery off the table then

Hymen repair surgery and virginity testing to be banned in UK

The reason behind it is actually quite grisly and sad. But on a lighter note, good news for AtW that there's no virginity test for men.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Yep Female Genital Mutilation is big in some cultures it seems to follow those cultures want their chattels to have a hymen.

Sooner we ban it & prosecute those responsible the better. In FMG they are little Girls and their parents should be prosecuted for permitting it, as they become women we should protect them from culture pressure of this manner.

I wish they would stop using the word HONOUR to describe this type of abuse may I suggest "Backward f*ckwittery by complete Neanderthal scumbags" instead.

Oh by the way circumcision is quite common in many cultures and if you have ever met any African princes they frequently have large cuts on their cheeks from their coming of age ceremony. Circumcision of teenagers without anaesthetic is common as well.
    Last edited by vetran; 25 January 2022, 16:22.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

FGM is a different thing if you want to get technical. Very grim.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        FGM is a different thing if you want to get technical. Very grim.
        Yes that was clearly covered in my post. Sadly it comes from the same retarded attitudes mostly in the same cultures which was my point.

The women are considered property (chattels) to subdue to men, sadly much of this is driven by women relatives as tradition.

We need to re-educate the cultures to prevent it. That means aggressive prosecution of those that permit it. Jailing the parents of abused children would be a good start.

We can ban the surgery here (thankfully we have for FGM) but many young girls go to Africa / India etc for FGM parties I suspect similar will happen Hymen faking.

https://www.nspcc.org.uk/what-is-chi...utilation-fgm/

Comment

Do you think I as an adult man should be legally forbidden from getting circumcised if I wanted it?

Comment

Do you think I as an adult man should be legally forbidden from getting circumcised if I wanted it?
            Not something I suggested, I don't recommend it as its supposed to be quite painful when older, but I do think we should not permit people to do it to under 18s as they cannot give consent that is many religions & cultures we will offend!

Doing it without anaesthetic on young boys is probably something we should worry about as well.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Not something I suggested, I don't recommend it
              Three specific questions:
              1)do you think male circumcision should be illegal to consenting adults?
              2)Do you think "hymen repair surgery" should be illegal to consenting adults?
              3)Do you think female circumcision (FGM) should be illegal to consenting adults?

(with no implication that your answers carry over to kids or non-consensual stuff, to be clear)

Comment

Three specific questions:
                1)do you think male circumcision should be illegal to consenting adults?
                2)Do you think "hymen repair surgery" should be illegal to consenting adults?
                3)Do you think female circumcision (FGM) should be illegal to consenting adults?

(with no implication that your answers carry over to kids or non-consensual stuff, to be clear)
                Consenting adults is a challenge. Where consent is coerced as in the hymen repair story then a reasonable argument is it should be illegal.

Go ahead tattoo yourself, chop your foreskin off etc.

Of course should such things be illegal as fixing them has significant costs for the NHS?

Comment

So because some adults might be coerced, it should be illegal for everyone? Banning things is a slippery slope even when we wholeheartedly agree the thing is a bad idea. I'm sure I've read about HRS being done purely as a cosmetic thing before - I think that's stupid but if we ban everything I think is stupid we'd never be done.

Comment

So because some adults might be coerced, it should be illegal for everyone? Banning things is a slippery slope even when we wholeheartedly agree the thing is a bad idea. I'm sure I've read about HRS being done purely as a cosmetic thing before - I think that's stupid but if we ban everything I think is stupid we'd never be done.
                    Banning unnecessary procedures done for purely cultural reasons is totally reasonable. Restricting for only medical reasons is hardly burning books.

HRS is used to make a woman conform to a backward culture, we need to tackle the culture not pander to it.

Comment

Working...
                    X