• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Turns out 5G IS bad after all!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turns out 5G IS bad after all!

Originally posted by BBC News
    The 10 biggest US airlines have warned that the impending switch-on of 5G mobile phone services will cause "major disruption" to flights.

They said the start of Verizon and AT&T 5G mobile phone services, planned for Wednesday, would cause a "completely avoidable economic calamity".
    If only we'd listened to those people on Facebook.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Planes aren't crashing along the Heathrow flight path.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

As I understand it the Radio Altimeters are the equipment at risk of interference and operate on frequencies of 4.2 - 4.4 GHz. In the UK 5G is operating on 3.6 to 3.8GHz and so the CAA has not adopted the same safety directives as the Americans.

This is only my understanding and so could be bollox.

Comment

Working...
      X