• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: Brace yourself - the Indians are coming

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOOM: Brace yourself - the Indians are coming

I have been seeing a number of job openings that says "Sponsorship Provided". Is that the direction industry is heading now ?

https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=cy53Y...BsaXRyYWsuY29t

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-01-17 at 16.44.47.png
Views:	199
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	4200427

I thought sponsorship has been around since immigration rules were put in place? It's all there in black and white. Hasn't been too much of an issue in contracting because agents and brollys cannot offer sponsorship. Only a client with a perm job opening could, or something around those lines.

Lots of chatter on the immigration forums about some brollys that offer sponsorship but that's illegal.

It might be more prominent now with the standard route for cheap labour is to get an offshore bod on shore, but then the boom in offshore has been going for the last 10 years or so.

I don't think anything has changed bar the fact you've been blissfully unaware, unless someone has found a way around the rules. If this company is recruiting a perm role for a client that is going to provide sponsorship then that's fine. It can't be a contract position.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It will be one of those policy changes that the Tories will be unusually quiet about, for a future trade deal with India.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
      X