• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Break the knob off

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

You mean you don't drop start yours? Far safer as you only need one hand

(although I've switched to an electric chainsaw as I am a woke greenie)
    I'll drop start the 12", but the 16" is a bit pernickety, what with the auto-choke, no primer
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Yes the Judge should have advised the Jury that they were judging whether an offence had occurred not if they believed it was justified by history.
      The defence for committing criminal damage is whether you had a lawful excuse.

It's been used since 1996 by other anti-war and environmental protestors. So the judge directed the jury as per the law.

Originally posted by vetran View Post

As you say the Saudis are pretty nasty and unlikely to pay reparations which is why BLM etc aren't poking that bear.
      My example was to show your example of being campaigner against the Saudis was a silly example as they are nasty.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

As I recall, the statues are in a ghastly boxy Stalinesque style, and show naked young children, not that the latter is necessarily a problem per se. But also the sculptor, Eric Gill raped his young daughters (or maybe his nieces, not sure) and even, if you can believe it, the family dog!

So I wouldn't shed any tears if the wretched things are torn down. It might encourage future wayward artists to behave better if they want their works to be lasting memorials safe from destruction if the artists' sins come to light!
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          As I recall, the statues are in a ghastly boxy Stalinesque style, and show naked young children, not that the latter is necessarily a problem per se. But also the sculptor, Eric Gill raped his young daughters (or maybe his nieces, not sure) and even, if you can believe it, the family dog!

So I wouldn't shed any tears if the wretched things are torn down. It might encourage future wayward artists to behave better if they want their works to be lasting memorials safe from destruction if the artists' sins come to light!
          Apparently his work is everywhere and he even invented fonts.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Apparently his work is everywhere and he even invented fonts.
            Gill Sans
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Well he was an accomplished artist as well as a grade A pervert.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Gill

Enjoy the work, not the creator.

though we should cancel Wolfgang

https://www.ranker.com/list/most-his...s/beau-iverson

Johnny Cash crossed the line, Elvis & Chuck (among many others) liked them young.

https://www.grunge.com/110681/respec...rrible-people/

Gotta hand it to Rod Stewart (but not shake his hand due to his like for coke suppositories)

https://www.grunge.com/9229/rockers-partied-way-hard/

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
              X