• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AI Video Interviews

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AI Video Interviews

Mrs CFL has an Aon vidAssess* in the next few days as part of the recruitment process for a "leadership" role.

Does anyone have any experience with these? I haven't a clue about them (I haven't interviewed for a decade), and she is a little nervous about doing this in her second language.

Does anyone have any insight into these please?

* https://www.aon-assessment-solutions...ils/vidassess/

Thanks!

In the professional forums there was one of the recruiters who posts mentioning using this type of interview a year or so ago.

I suggest you start a thread in business/contracts and you may get better answers.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

ooh lovely - not sure what the end game is for agents if they keep engineering themselves out of the process.

As there seems to be a shortage of good staff maybe they stop trying to get us to jump through hoops?

I did a video interview recently with the Agent and it sort of made sense, 10 minutes of targeted questions (recorded over an hour) but giving the client 10 minutes of pure me to watch at their leisure. But just talking to a machine may be hard work.

Good luck to Mrs CFL.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        ooh lovely - not sure what the end game is for agents if they keep engineering themselves out of the process.

As there seems to be a shortage of good staff maybe they stop trying to get us to jump through hoops?

I did a video interview recently with the Agent and it sort of made sense, 10 minutes of targeted questions (recorded over an hour) but giving the client 10 minutes of pure me to watch at their leisure. But just talking to a machine may be hard work.

Good luck to Mrs CFL.
        Got to say - I have little problem with the an interview with an Agent - at least you can watch the agent for their reaction. I think I would find it impossible to talk to a faceless computer so it would be a distinct No from me.

Now I can understand the approach if you are recruiting a £10 per hour shop assistant but anyone above that - the recruitment fees are enough that the agent can take an hour out and ask the questions in "person" and create the video.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

These tools are often use for graduate positions or when a volume of people are expected to apply - its the more advanced version of CV keyword searching to reduce the number of applicants an actual human being has to assess.

Edit: From reading the page linked to, its not clear if this tool is actually making the assessment, or just sending the answers onto someone to review, but there are tools out there that will whittle down the candidate list based on a video interview.
          Last edited by Paralytic; 12 January 2022, 16:14.

Comment

Working...
          X