• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nationwide Building Society House Price Index Dec 21

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nationwide Building Society House Price Index Dec 21

Happy new year all.

UK house prices end the year at a record high, with annual price growth in double digits

Key points:

• Annual house price growth increased to 10.4%, from 10.0% in November
    • 2021 was the strongest calendar year for house price growth since 2006
    • Price of a typical UK home hit record high of £254,822, up nearly £24,000 over the year
    • Wales was the strongest performing region in 2021, London the weakest

Interestingly, London remains the weakest performer and certainly in my experience, I am continuing to arrange a lot of mortgages for clients who are leaving the city in the search of the perfect work from home property.

January in my industry is always a good indication of how the year will pan out as it is a month which is dictated by the new years resolution to move house. This is particularly relevant for first time buyers who have had enough of paying rent.

Full report here:

Download the latest report

Kebab shop below my bedsit increased rent again

Comment

I do wish the language around house prices could be reset.

Wales is not strongly performing, it is becoming more unaffordable.

It's not house price growth, it's house price inflation.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I do wish the language around house prices could be reset.

Wales is not strongly performing, it is becoming more unaffordable.

Bonkers isn't it. I guess the positive media outlook on it will change when rising house prices are no longer a vote winner, but tbh I've been expecting that shift for a decade and it still hasn't happened. Looking forward to a strong performance by my gas bill in April.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin@AS Financial View Post
          Happy new year all.

UK house prices end the year at a record high, with annual price growth in double digits

Key points:

• Annual house price growth increased to 10.4%, from 10.0% in November
          • 2021 was the strongest calendar year for house price growth since 2006
          • Price of a typical UK home hit record high of £254,822, up nearly £24,000 over the year
          • Wales was the strongest performing region in 2021, London the weakest

Interestingly, London remains the weakest performer and certainly in my experience, I am continuing to arrange a lot of mortgages for clients who are leaving the city in the search of the perfect work from home property.

January in my industry is always a good indication of how the year will pan out as it is a month which is dictated by the new years resolution to move house. This is particularly relevant for first time buyers who have had enough of paying rent.

Full report here:

Download the latest report

Many Londoners are pissed off with parking issues, camera controlled penalties and Ulez.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            It's a matter of perspective - to those who don't own property it's inflation, but for those who do it's wealth growth

HTH

Comment

Well people who don't own property are clearly less important
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

It's a matter of perspective - to those who don't own property it's inflation, but for those who do it's wealth growth

HTH
                Only if you have more than one property
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  Only if your bank owns more than one property that you have title on
                  FTFY

Comment

I managed to sell my buy-to-let in September (well, it was actually a let-to-buy as I couldn't sell when I needed to buy) and I'm hoping 2021 saw the peak of the market so that I'm in a good position when I come to consolidate and sell my current home with a view to buying something bigger with the proceeds from the sale and the lump sum from my BTL sale.

I suspect it wasn't the peak but I'm pretty sure growth is going to slow considerably.

Comment

Working...
                    X