• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What number is Swindon?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What number is Swindon?

Worse places to live 2022

(Swindon is 31 and described as - “Broken Britain in microcosm”)

https://metro.co.uk/2022/01/04/top-1...2022-15860038/

Peterborough has finally been knocked off the top spot of an unofficial list of the UK’s worst places to live.
    Every year, Brits put forward their own cities and towns for iLiveHere’s scathing list of the areas no one wants to live.

This year, 110,172 people told the satirical neighborhood-reviewing website which 50 places relocators should avoid.

Last year, readers voted the Cambridgeshire city into first place for the third year running.

But this year, the ‘title’ has changed hands. The ‘winner’ of iLiveHere’s worst place to live 2022 is the Buckinghamshire county town Aylesbury.

Locals who vented about their town spoke at length about what they seemed to believe was a lack of safety in area.

Anyone thinking of moving to Aylesbury was told to ‘ensure you employ four full-time security guards and a dog and some barbed wire around your house’.

This year’s list also features the likes of Huddersfield, Luton, Peterborough, Jaywick, Slough, and Bradford.

Each of these areas has featured on the top 50 list before but some of them, including Slough and Bolton, have made their first appearance in the top 10 this year.

Conversely, Jaywick, in Essex, near Clacton-on-Sea, is the only village that has stood its ground and kept its place at number eight for some years.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Worse places to live 2022

(Swindon is 31 and described as - “Broken Britain in microcosm”)

https://metro.co.uk/2022/01/04/top-1...2022-15860038/

Peterborough has finally been knocked off the top spot of an unofficial list of the UK’s worst places to live.
    Every year, Brits put forward their own cities and towns for iLiveHere’s scathing list of the areas no one wants to live.

This year, 110,172 people told the satirical neighborhood-reviewing website which 50 places relocators should avoid.

Last year, readers voted the Cambridgeshire city into first place for the third year running.

But this year, the ‘title’ has changed hands. The ‘winner’ of iLiveHere’s worst place to live 2022 is the Buckinghamshire county town Aylesbury.

Locals who vented about their town spoke at length about what they seemed to believe was a lack of safety in area.

Anyone thinking of moving to Aylesbury was told to ‘ensure you employ four full-time security guards and a dog and some barbed wire around your house’.

This year’s list also features the likes of Huddersfield, Luton, Peterborough, Jaywick, Slough, and Bradford.

Each of these areas has featured on the top 50 list before but some of them, including Slough and Bolton, have made their first appearance in the top 10 this year.

Conversely, Jaywick, in Essex, near Clacton-on-Sea, is the only village that has stood its ground and kept its place at number eight for some years.
    I'd say anywhere within 5 miles of You would be worst.
    miserable old cow.

Comment

New Year's resolution. I shall be nice to everyone.

Day 5...
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        New Year's resolution. I shall be nice to everyone.

Day 5...
        You & NLUK both??? Next Cojak will have a cold ban hammer! Did Nostradamus or the Mayans prophesise this? #Armagedaeon
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
        X