• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

New Contract Stress

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #41
    Originally posted by Roll Out The Farrell View Post

    Do you remember the Parker 25 range?

    I had both a fountain and ballpoint model of the Parker 25 and they were a joy to hold. Lovely chunky, brushed stainless steel and it was the first pen I learned to twirl around my thumb. I was reminiscing about the Parker 25 the other night and went on line to discover that you can't get them any more :-(
    Discontinued in 1994 so either you are old or talking bulltulip

    Either way it's not the Parker Sonnet Cicele which is a proper contractor pen with prices to match.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

    Comment


      #42
      Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

      I worked on a project where we got a guy back who wrote the manual and some code to go with it.

      Unfortunately the people who had worked on it before we all arrived and he arrived back had screwed everything up.

      He spend most of his first day looking at everything in complete disbelief. He then stated loudly so the whole floor could hear "They have f**ked up my work and the entire system!"
      Did he stay for the rest of the contract or leave in disgust at the end of day 1.

      I suspect that I would have done the latter...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

      Comment


        #43
        Originally posted by eek View Post

        Did he stay for the rest of the contract or leave in disgust at the end of day 1.

        I suspect that I would have done the latter...
        He stayed as long as I stayed.

        Or to be more exact I stayed as long as he stayed.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

        Comment


          #44
          Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Or to be more exact I stayed as long as he stayed.
          You two were getting it on?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

          Comment


            #45
            Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

            You two were getting it on?
            Nah.

            Everyone left before, at or around the same time as him as he was the knowledge base
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

            Comment


              #46
              Originally posted by Roll Out The Farrell View Post

              Do you remember the Parker 25 range?
              Never found the higher end pens that nice to write with. My dad loves his parker pens (and he also does calligraphy) and he has some expensive ones, but a bit meh!

              Took me a while to find the Mitsubishi uniball Signo Gel Impact £3.50 (or if you want to be green the refills are £1.50 from cultpens.com) not found anything as good, but let me know if you have, I am a pen geek.

              qh
              He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

              I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

              Comment


                #47
                Originally posted by quackhandle View Post

                Never found the higher end pens that nice to write with. My dad loves his parker pens (and he also does calligraphy) and he has some expensive ones, but a bit meh!

                Took me a while to find the Mitsubishi uniball Signo Gel Impact £3.50 (or if you want to be green the refills are £1.50 from cultpens.com) not found anything as good, but let me know if you have, I am a pen geek.

                qh
                If we are talking pens I have a fair few from kickstarter.

                https://cwandt.com/products/pen-type-a? And https://cwandt.com/products/pen-type-b both have a reassuring pop when you open them

                the titanium ones at https://bigidesign.com ones are also nice and small but the silver sonnet cicele I mentioned before has a very reassuring heft so they are my pens of choice unless I want to kick a meeting off with a type a or b.

                merely at clientco for the entertainment

                Comment

                Working...
                X