• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Climate Change / Global Warming : What Do You Think?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn
    Okay, for Bogey's sake, can everyone remove the tax argument.

My view is this.

The establishment (politicians and scientific bodies FUNDED by governments) have the following now as "facts" around the observation that global temperatures are rising.

1. It is a man made phenomena.
    2. It is primarily caused by large increases in C02 since the start of the industrial revolution.
    3. This C02 increase is driven primarily due to burning of fossil fuels.

I personally do not believe it is 1 or 2 and therefore, 3 is not relevant.

He he. The bar room philosopher, after in-depth research, mostly conducted with his fellow drunks propping up the bar, has arrived at an earth-shattering conclusion. Marvel at the level of intellect, gasp at the logical brilliance of the man.

Cretin.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Indeed.

The only way to be certain is to go back to pre-Industrial Revolution emission levels, so maybe we'll never find out.

Hey, lets just sit back and see what happens - I mean it can't be too bad living in a vast uncontrolled science experiment.
      It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru

He he. The bar room philosopher, after in-depth research, mostly conducted with his fellow drunks propping up the bar, has arrived at an earth-shattering conclusion. Marvel at the level of intellect, gasp at the logical brilliance of the man.

Cretin.
        Cut the hot air, you're adding to the Greenhouse Effect.

Comment

You've just contradicted yourself.
          It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru

Cretin.
            If this really is the case, and humans are responsible, why isn't someone sorting out India, Russia and the fecking Chinese instead of taxing us!

Churchill - In "Thank y'all fur listenin'" mode!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
              If this really is the case, and humans are responsible, why isn't someone sorting out India, Russia and the fecking Chinese instead of taxing us!

Churchill - In "Thank y'all fur listenin'" mode!
              Because they are too busy setting themselves up to be the most powerful, richest, foreward-thinking nations on Earth, whilst we go back to cave dwelling.

Comment

[QUOTE=Churchill]If this really is the case, and humans are responsible, why isn't someone sorting out India, Russia and the fecking Chinese instead of taxing us!
                QUOTE]

Because its unfair to deny the opportunity to develope to the third world countries. Developed countries mainly USA have already pumped so much co2 in the atmosphere and ****ed the whole world.
                Only option is to encourage them to adopt clean technologies

Comment

Originally posted by andy
                  Because its unfair to deny the opportunity to develope to the third world countries. Developed countries mainly USA have already pumped so much co2 in the atmosphere and ****ed the whole world.
                  If the world really is fooked, then there's no problem, let's just make it a little more fooked...

Personally, I blame the cows. Oh, and Marsh Gas. And Volcanos.

Actually while where on the subject. What's your stance on Catalytic Converters fitted to cars?

Comment

[QUOTE=andy]
                    QUOTE]

You need to back up your statement with some facts.

Comment

Looking at the graphs looks to me like we've "cleverly" avoided sinking into a new ice age.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X