• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Climate Change / Global Warming : What Do You Think?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny
    Does global warming mean the end to ice cream as we know it?
    Global warming means as soon as you buy the icecream and start eating it , it will be melting in your hands

Comment

I'm staggered that 11 people here (currently) have such a tenuous grip on reality that they think global warming has nothing to do with human activities.

I thought that the average iq here, and grasp of basic scientific principles was a bit better than that - oh well

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman
        I'm staggered that 11 people here (currently) have such a tenuous grip on reality that they think global warming has nothing to do with human activities.

I thought that the average iq here, and grasp of basic scientific principles was a bit better than that - oh well
        Bogey mate, I am one of those 11 and the question is about "primarily".
        I would suggest that human activity is a factor, but I do not believe that it is the major contributing factor. I see this "global warming" or "climate change" as scurilous scare mongering to drum up support for research or as an excuse for taxation etc.

I have reasons for my beliefs, but it would take too long to explain here.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          That's 10 people & one alien...

HTH
          Read the fekin' papers on the subject.

It's all very well arguing from a point of complete feckin ignorance.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Don't believe everything you read in the papers!

Comment

I believe that human activity is responsible for 30% of global warming
              Dont ask me how I got that figure

Comment

I think there is a failure to untangle the spurious tax argument from the scientific concept. Just because opportunists like Brown et al see it as a cash cow doesn't equate to the argument being eronious. The other problem is those spreading propoganda to support the status quo. If we untangle the spin it still seems to me we should do something (if we can). We have the technology to adapt, why can't we do that? Why do we have to maintain the status quo, ask yourself who wants to maintain it?
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

What I can't understand is how come it was warmer 2000 years ago????
                  Then it was fecking cold in the 14 centurys and now it's starting to get warm again ???
                  But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by andy
                    I believe that human activity is responsible for 30% of global warming
                    Dont ask me how I got that figure
                    I think thats popostorous! Surely any half wit can see it's clearly, 27.6654% !

I don't know how you people tie your shoelaces in the morning

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
                      I doubt you could rip a wet paper bag to shreds.

Ouch ! struck again by the "strangely single" bumguru.
                      If I was "strangely single", which I'm not, why would that invalidate any logical or scientific argument I might have? Keep digging ...
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X