• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: "Omicron Covid cases ‘doubling every two to three days’ in UK"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Covid test shortages threaten New Year’s Eve celebrations in England
    Pharmacists run out of LFT kits and NHS struggles to offer walk-in slots after ministers give go-ahead to events

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ons-in-england

What really riles me is the claim by the UKHSA that there is "unprecedented demand" for tests. This implies that the gov'mint was unprepared for the great unwashed to do as asked and test before engaging in social activities. They have driven the demand and so should have ensured corresponding supply.

I think I'll just stop testing.

The guardian cant position themselves to accommodate the success of the UK vaccination program.
    "I think I'll just stop testing"

This is where I am right now, i'm not getting the booster. The government have lost information traction with me.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Covid test shortages threaten New Year’s Eve celebrations in England
      Pharmacists run out of LFT kits and NHS struggles to offer walk-in slots after ministers give go-ahead to events

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ons-in-england

What really riles me is the claim by the UKHSA that there is "unprecedented demand" for tests. This implies that the gov'mint was unprepared for the great unwashed to do as asked and test before engaging in social activities. They have driven the demand and so should have ensured corresponding supply.

I think I'll just stop testing.
      The same government who couldn't work out that every September there is a good reason for increases in cases....
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

This is where I am right now, i'm not getting the booster. The government have lost information traction with me.
        Get the booster for your own health and that of those around you not because of or for this useless government.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Forget what the gov says and just look around. People are catching it all over the place. Both me and my other half have just tested positive today after one of the family came down with it on boxing day. My other half is on the couch struggling and touch wood I've yet to have an symptoms. Proper hacked off because we've spent two years being super safe and missing out on all sorts.

Why would you not get the booster and just apply common sense when it's absolutely rife? I know a few people saying the same as you and thought it was a bit silly before but now I've got it your comments sound downright daft. Why blame the government for yours, and your loved ones health when there is a real situation out there?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Government, government government,

14 days to flatten the curve,
            ​​​​​​​
            You take this booster, I agree the logic is sound, but they will have another 1 for you in 12 weeks. I cant sign up for that. Consider ive run ultra marathons in the Sahara. I dont worry about my health.

Comment

Consider ive run ultra marathons in the Sahara. I dont worry about my health.

Even your idol, Trumpkin, thinks you’re a bit of a cretin.

Comment

I had covid 8 weeks ago. Im not taking a vaccine for something ive had.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Even your idol, Trumpkin, thinks you’re a bit of a cretin.

Most of my posts get removed.

I dont know if this one will be here tomorrow.
                  Last edited by minestrone; 28 December 2021, 20:55.

Comment

Most of my posts get removed.
                    I wonder why.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

I wonder why.
                      post something interesting for a change, dont know is that is my problem.

Comment

Working...
                      X