• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: "Omicron Covid cases ‘doubling every two to three days’ in UK"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mattster
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Every time I talk to or hear of some adult having it, it appears to be linked to someone in a school in their household.

So while some poster on here pointed out kids are faking results it seems that they are actually the ones spreading it.
    I very much doubt there is widespread faking - wouldn't work on the follow up PCR, anyway.

They've done literally nothing to prevent spread in schools, almost as if they wanted as many kids as possible to catch it - so let's hope there are no long term ramifications.

I can't think of many friends of my kids (primary and secondary) who haven't had it, and yet we had got away with it until Saturday just gone, when my eldest tested positive (LFT & PCR, with symptoms). Now waiting for youngest to get it, and I guess I have been "challenged" by the virus myself so we'll see how that pans out. Son has been symptomatic since Saturday so I guess we are looking at the rest of the household getting it, or not, within the next couple of days..

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
    Due to the nature of it's spike protien

Leave a comment:

• Fraidycat
    replied
    Due to the nature of it's spike protien the virus was always likely to get milder over time as we are now seeing with omicron:

https://www.news18.com/news/world/no...r-4238675.html

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Every time I talk to or hear of some adult having it, it appears to be linked to someone in a school in their household.

So while some poster on here pointed out kids are faking results it seems that they are actually the ones spreading it.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Two shots of AZ are even more worthless.
    Hence panic.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

It evades vaccines, cretin, two shots of Pfizer are good for tulip now.

Two shots of AZ are even more worthless.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Population in SA is younger than UK, but the UK has a much higher vaccination levels so that evens things.
    It evades vaccines, cretin, two shots of Pfizer are good for tulip now.

Leave a comment:

• mattster
    replied
    Virus tend to mutate to less milder versions via natural selection over time, they spread more easily that way. If symptoms are mild people go out more spread the virus more, rather than stay in bed and the virus gets less chance to reproduce.
    Please stop parroting this guff, which has no basis in fact,

Leave a comment:

• Fraidycat
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    There is no solid evidence it is mild, and my gut feel is that it won't be mild because it would be way too easy ending to this deadly pandemic.
    There is evidence it is mild in south africa. Has been around much longer over there. And all signs point to it being much milder than delta.

Population in SA is younger than UK, but the UK has a much higher vaccination levels so that evens things.

Virus tend to mutate to less milder versions via natural selection over time, they spread more easily that way. If symptoms are mild people go out more spread the virus more, rather than stay in bed and the virus gets less chance to reproduce.
    Last edited by Fraidycat; 13 December 2021, 18:56.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    There is no solid evidence it is mild, and my gut feel is that it won't be mild because it would be way too easy ending to this deadly pandemic.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X